I need help

Options
The past couple of days my binge eating has been dangerously out of control. I mean we're talking like one and two thousand calories over, and I can't bring myself to log everything because I'm so disappointed in myself :brokenheart: I'm tired all the time and I haven't made myself exercise in weeks. I feel like such a failure. :sad: There's a lot going on in my life right now and a lot of stress..why can't I snap myself out of this?? I can't turn to my husband or my family because they don't understand, and I have no friends. I just don't know what to do.....any advice or words of wisdom would really be great right now. :heart:

Replies

• Tasha1476
    Tasha1476 Posts: 220
    Options
    The past couple of days my binge eating has been dangerously out of control. I mean we're talking like one and two thousand calories over, and I can't bring myself to log everything because I'm so disappointed in myself :brokenheart: I'm tired all the time and I haven't made myself exercise in weeks. I feel like such a failure. :sad: There's a lot going on in my life right now and a lot of stress..why can't I snap myself out of this?? I can't turn to my husband or my family because they don't understand, and I have no friends. I just don't know what to do.....any advice or words of wisdom would really be great right now. :heart:

I know how you feel! Sometimes when things are stressful, its tempting to just eat and eat, largely because you tend to go into likea sugar coma where you feel safe. For me atleast, its just habit. In hard times eat more and more and more...

What I really try to do is before I go on an eating binge, or even before I eat a regular meal I literally go to a mirror (there's one right by our kitchen) and remind myself outloud that eating this is not going to fix the problems in my life, and that it actually IS one of the problems in my life.. Just taking that small amount of time out to talk to myself and rationalize sometimes (but not always) keeps me from getting out of control..

I hope I helped! And you can always talk to me if you need to chat about weight loss stuff. I can't really talk to my friends or family about this either.

Tasha
  • finallyproud
    finallyproud Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the advice and thanks for letting me know I can talk to you :heart: Nobody really realizes how hard this can be or in some cases how lonely you can feel.
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    You've lost 68 lbs!! That is so fabulous. Just think of how great that made you feel. How proud of yourself you were. Even if you just start again tomorrow, at the end of the day you will feel amazing. Other than that... allow me to quote you from your profile...

Why I Want To Get In Shape

Basically all in all..I don't want to die. I'm tired of feeling trapped in my own body, and I want to finally start living my life! There are so many things I want to do and try.
  • proctor0828
    Options
    Tomorrow is a new day... continue to move forward... backwards won't get you anywhere. You should log it though that way you can learn from your mistakes. It still happened, even if it's not logged. Stand up and tell yourself your are worth it, because your are!
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Chug lots of water when you get the cravings. Say, like, 2 glasses. Maybe even 3.

Just that. That's the only willpower you have to exert.

And then you can eat as much as you want!

(You just won't be able to :laugh: )
  • Angie1215
    Angie1215 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Forget about all the calories that you have binged on. Wake up tomorrow look in the mirror and tell yourself that it is a new day. Believe me, I have been there! Binging so bad that you can't even remember exactly everything you have eaten because it get's so out of control. Harping on what you have done is only going to hold you back and you are strong enough to move foward. Once you get exercising again you will feel even more motivated and less stressed.

You can do it, you can get back on track and start to feel great again!!
  • bettersusan
    bettersusan Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I have noticed I tend to be a stress-eater, too. You'll have to find SOMETHING to do instead. Something healthy. Also, try making yourself drink a bunch of water before you will allow yourself to eat ANYTHING. You won't be ABLE to binge as much because your stomach will be fuller. If you have to eat, eat popcorn, grapes, watermelon, soup. I KNOW it's hard. Don't quit though. Stop. Breath. I will be your friend and I am going to say a prayer for you right now.

You've come so far. You CAN do this. The greatest discouragement comes JUST before victory for those who endure. You hang in there!!!!! You ARE AWESOME. Keep walking the walk. Commit to today. Just get thru today.

When I have times I want to eat so badly, I try to make sure I have done everything I can to set myself up for success. I then pray. Sometime I have to just say, okay...it's 2 PM. I WILL make it until 3 PM. Then I shoot for another hour and so forth. I make myself WAIT and sometimes I get busy or distracted and actually forget! I also squeeze a lemon over ice with Spenda and add water. It seems to curb my hunger. Something about the fresh lemon juice. I don't know if it's "the feather" that Dumbo held that made him think he could fly or if there really is something to it, but I swear, it works!

Go make good decisions and don't do yourself harm!! You have come so far and I KNOW you can do it.

Susan
  • klaflamme
    klaflamme Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Losing 68 pounds is so awesome!!! I think planning ahead will help you focus. Use the food dairy and plan tomorrow's meal and try your best to stick to it. If you don't have the healthy foods, run to the store tonight or tomorrow so you can stock up on the things you need for your healthy eating. I've been trying to get some new ideas of foods I can eat so I don't get in the routine of eating the same things. Think of this a new start and make it fun by finding new ways to spruce up your meal plan. LOTS OF WATER TOO. Drink a bottle of water as soon as you get up in the morning and bring a couple more with you where ever you go.

:flowerforyou:

P.S. I start taking a Zumba class and it is so much fun. If you can sign up for one in your area, you should do it. I didn't know exercising could be so much fun - and seriouls I want to say, "Did I just say that?" because I don't normal like to. LOL

Best of Luck to you!!! You have come so far, get stubborn, and do it again. :wink:
  • conmonja
    conmonja Posts: 28
    Options
    We have all been there. You are not alone,that is what IS so great about this site. Just act like tomarrow is the first day of your diet, forget about the bad days.68 pounds is a long great trip.Just don't stop that is the worse thing you could do
    I stopped one time and I gained 52 pounds in one year. DON'T QUIT.
    I bet you will lose in the next month.
  • Sherry79
    Sherry79 Posts: 74
    Options
    I am just getting back on track from being in the same place you are right now. I let mine last for over 3 months and over 10 pounds gained back though. Just remember how far you've came and how hard you've worked to get there!! (Awesome job by the way!!!) My motto this time around is "I will not GIVE UP when I SLIP UP" and I put "when" instead of "if" because I'm human and I know it will happen! Hope I've helped in some way and I hope things get better for you :smile: If I can be any help to you I'm here for you:flowerforyou:
  • Merv268
    Merv268 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have also binged for 3 days. Cadbury Fruit and Nut and Pounds Cake!! I hate when that happens and it all started because of a birthday party! Yes! I had a small piece of cake and then I kept going.... for days! So, tomorrow, it's 1200 calories and a run in the AM. Please wish me luck!!

Oh, and I have lost 43 pounds so far and love this web site. But, why doesn't my ticker show up????
  • Merv268
    Merv268 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    119251.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

I think I found it!
  • blessedtobefit
    blessedtobefit Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Great men and women fall down, and great men and women get right back up! You can do it!! :flowerforyou:
  • gizmohamster
    Options
    Keep at it! You have friends here who feel the same. When I get stressed, I try to go for a walk. It's relaxing and it's exercise so you don't have to feel so guilty about the extra snacks. Also, if you feel a binge coming on, chug some water first. It will help fill your stomach so you can't eat as much. Best wishes!!!
  • marci_r2010
    marci_r2010 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hi there... I am another who has been there. You can do this!

I have read two books about women who lost more than 1/2 their weight and one of the books really documented the woman's struggles with binge eating. I am also currently watching a website of a woman who struggles with binge eating disorder and journals about it. It's really inspirational to me... there are tons of us who really understand. The binge is there for a reason...being aware of it is half the battle!

Here's the website I've been following:

http://www.escapefromobesity.blogspot.com/

I wish you the best in getting back on the wagon.

Best,
    Marci
  • constancemwj
    Options
    I think know where you are comin from,,,When I get stressed all I want to do is eat. It's been a really hard habit to break....Some days I don't do very well. But if I don't, I try not tobe to had on myself or I would have given up a long time ago. I've found thugh when I'm having a ruff day, it's best to find something t distrack me,,, Work on ahobby, clean smething. My closets have never been so organzed. lol...Or go out in the garden and pull weeds.....or even go for a long walk. Just anything to get away frm the temptation in the kitchen... I also found that if I stick to a regular schudle especally when it comes to meals and plan ahead, that helps too...Sometimes you have to take it just one day at a time. And you will always find friends here....This is such a wondeful sight for friends and support....Hang in there...we are here for you :heart:
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I don't have any advice but I binge eat too. It's weird because I have been thin most of my life and now I'm really struggling with this battle over food. But I'm determined to beat it. Best wishes to you.
  • finallyproud
    finallyproud Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much to all of you :heart: It's kind of hard to feel alone when so many of you are going threw the same things as me. Maybe I'm just in a funk I don't know. After reading all these kind words I did sit back and look at how far I've come. Please keep me in your prayers and I'll do the same for the each of you :heart: This journey is a long hard one..but just imagine how strong we'll be at the end :bigsmile:
  • milwaukeelady23
    Options
    I feel like this all the time. It will be okay because you can always start over. I know that you feel down and out and mad at yourself but just collect your thoughts and start again. It happens to the best of us!! You obviously have strength and believe in yourself for losing 68lbs!!!!!!!!!!!!! That is wonderful and just stick to your guns and believe that you can and you will! We are all here for you.