A Wonderful Intolerance leads the WAY

Options
gayje
gayje Posts: 230 Member
I've been on this weight loss journey for a couple months. I've lost and gained back the same darn 9 pounds several times, learned a lot of new and helpful information about food nutrition and portion sizes, gained friends for support who have been wonderful and often inspiritational to me and my journey.

Well today I woke up feeling physically like a sack of potatoes. Heavy, no energy...I had an epiphany and I want to share it with you.

I ate something aweful last night and washed it down with a partial soda. Woke up today feeling like the above statement. When I realized the connection I had an immediate grin a mile wide! I've been NOT eating all the goodies, sweets and treats I would eat daily before starting my weight loss journey and so the cravings have really subsided for me. I impulse bought candy last night and had a leftover soda from a bbq last weekend and drank most of that too. Those 2 things wreaked havok on the way my body felt this morning.

All I can say is WOW! It truely felt like an intolerance to me and made me not want to eat this crap again. It feels wonderful and I can't wait to get out and MOVE my body today in celebration of this minor success!

Replies

• MissVV
    MissVV Posts: 19
    Options
    Fantastic! I think our bodies just hid their sorrow before when we ate all the rubbish and our bodies had to deal with all that terrible stuff- now it tells you when it's not happy and ... we are starting to listen!!
  • Doenut2012
    Options
    I had a small chocolate dessert last night, first bit junk food I've had in ages and I woke up today and I felt like I might die. I was nauseous and light headed all day, couldn't focus, I didn't have a single spark of energy. I usually have buckets of energy!

Your post has been food for thought for me =)
  • jmcdaniel0
    jmcdaniel0 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I had a small chocolate dessert last night, first bit junk food I've had in ages and I woke up today and I felt like I might die. I was nauseous and light headed all day, couldn't focus, I didn't have a single spark of energy. I usually have buckets of energy!

Your post has been food for thought for me =)

This is absolutely true!!!! When I was in basic training in the Army, I ate the provided food for entire duration, never once having a soda, candy, or my weakness a burger and fries. True I was in some of the best shape of my life, but the point being is that I had abstained from junk 100%... The very day of Graduation my family came to pick me up, and of course, asked where I wanted to go. I want a burger! so away we went. I ate that burger, the fries and the vanilla shake... With in 2 hours I was sick as a dog. From What I can tell, after talking with all of my Military friends, this is very common... Your body actually does become intolerant to junk food after only feeding it good stuff for so long.
  • 2012asv
    2012asv Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    It sort of does feel great when your body starts rejecting that crap right!? I got very excited too when I started discovering things like that.
  • gayje
    gayje Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    It is wonderful to have a backup (as in my own body) telling me "No! Don't! You'll regret it later" and knowing that I will and so I don't eat that candy bar or drink that soda. Burgers and fries are no big deal for me and I would never crave them.

Now, a veggie burger? I'd run 10 miles for a good one! :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!