Bump
  • Mamasota
    Mamasota Posts: 144
    Options
    Bump
  • WickedGarden
    WickedGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I use Now Foods Whey Protein Isolate Unflavored. I buy it from Super Supplements 5lbs for around $56 (after your first purchase from them, they will send you coupons)

25g protein, 105 calories, >1g sugar

Very finely milled so I've had no problems mixing it in a Blender Bottle. Never tried it mixed in plain water.

I've mixed it in my Greek yogurt with some berries (50g protein and less than 200 calories!), added it to my tomato soup, put it in the water for my oatmeal. Just don't try to mix it with hot foods/liquids or it will curdle. You can mix it in cold liquid and then heat it with no problems.
  • danithegirl89
    danithegirl89 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I like Jarrows as well. I think it just tastes like slightly watered down milk if I mix it with plain water. I bet it would be great in a berry smoothie :)
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I've never used protein powder before but I think I should probably start (constantly under my daily cals even though I'm not hungry, and I never ever fulfill my protein macro!)

Since you mentioned this in your post, I take the liberty to comment on it mostly because some people see protein shakes as an easy and lazy replacement. How high is your protein goal and how low do you go in terms of average daily calorie intake?
  • ncthomas09
    ncthomas09 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I personally use wheybollic from GNC but it is flavored....my parents however use Unjury which you can get flavored and unflavored. Unjury is a medical grade protein so there are more options to buy...recently I tried a clear liquid diet for my gall bladder issues and unjury had a chicken soup flavored powder you mix with water and was way high in protein.
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    I was going to get some unflavoured protein powder really cheap from myprotein.com

I've read on review that it doesn't taste great though, but I can't think what you could add to it to make it better. Cocao powder? Nesquick milkshake powder? IDK? :S

On the myprotein website, they have 50ml bottles of flavouring...£2.99 per bottle..flavours around 50/60 shakes.