Is REVENGE on an ex really such a bad motivator?

Options
Yes...I want to be healthier, and look great for myself too...

But when I am on that treadmill and elliptical, all that drives me is thinking about the satisfaction I will get by letting him see me looking and feeling amazing! All he does is spend his time on here telling a thousand other girls how HOT they are. =/

Replies

• Susabelle64
    Susabelle64 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I've always thought that the best revenge is to live well. That is a win/win in my book! Dont forget to set some goals that are outside thumbing your nose at the jerky ex though.
  • LexyDB
    LexyDB Posts: 261
    Options
    You're doing it for the wrong reason if you want revenge. Find some one who respects you for who you are then channel your efforts into getting in shape so you feel good, no one else.
  • leslisa
    leslisa Posts: 1,350 Member
    Options
    On the flip side, revenge is cool so long as you keep with the program long after that motivator is gone. Might want to start thinking about what your next motivator might be.
  • Colofit
    Colofit Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    My x and his new wife sat behind me at my daughters awards evening a few nights ago! She has put on a good 2 stone and I have lost 18lbs and am at my goal weight now and feel great. yes I put on my nicest tight jeans and yes I added nice high heels. My boyfriend told me how terrific I looked and that my x must be kicking himself!! Needless to say I felt amazing...and my lovely daughter got 5 awards!!!! GREAT NIGHT!!! Hahaha (call me shallow)
  • PotterHead55
    Options
    No, if you want it for yourself as well(:
  • blessingsx2
    blessingsx2 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I may be the only one here but I think revenge is a good motivator(sp?)! I want to 'show' several people that mommies can be 'HOT' too. So I say....Go for girl, show him how HOT you really are!!!
  • FatStoatLondon
    FatStoatLondon Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    If it works for you, go for it. It's not unusual for people who have been dumped to get a new haircut, start exercising and eating more sensibly, and generally taking a good look at who they are and what they want out of life: its a noble tradition with a long history.

If your anger is helping you train, that's great, so long as you're not training in order to beat him to a pulp in a back alley...!
  • BNA_Mommy
    BNA_Mommy Posts: 36
    Options
    My "motivator" isn't an ex, it's actually my brother's wife. She had a baby a few mths ago, and complains about needing to lose the "baby weight" (personally, she wasn't skinny before the baby, always "looked" pregnant, even when she wasn't), but she isn't doing anything TO lose weight...Yeah, she is following the weight watchers meal plan, but doesn't limit her portions and she certainly doesn't exercise (other than running her mouth). So (besides being healthy for my hubby and kids), I'm motivated to lose the 30 lbs I have gained over the last 3 yrs so that I can be skinnier than her.
  • skarysharry
    Options
    Can I steal that reason to be motivated? I have thought it many times but never actually verbalized it. Thanks for your post... You have helped me get a clear picture to help myself!