need more info and suggestions . . .

Options
I am on a 1800 calorie diet ordered from my dr - I am doing pretty good on it. But I seem to be in a rut! I do good for breakfast but sometimes I have those hunger pains in between lunch and dinner and cant find that certain thing to curve my appetite or hunger - does anyone have any good suggestions on low calorie snacks? I cant believe some of these people that only eat 500-700 a day. I would die! LOL! I understand all the 100 calorie packs and stuff and the fruit but I want some different . . . I am so sick and tied of eating subway for lunch everyday - I have no clue how Jared did it for years ! LOL!

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I am on a 1800 calorie diet ordered from my dr - I am doing pretty good on it. But I seem to be in a rut! I do good for breakfast but sometimes I have those hunger pains in between lunch and dinner and cant find that certain thing to curve my appetite or hunger - does anyone have any good suggestions on low calorie snacks? I cant believe some of these people that only eat 500-700 a day. I would die! LOL! I understand all the 100 calorie packs and stuff and the fruit but I want some different . . . I am so sick and tied of eating subway for lunch everyday - I have no clue how Jared did it for years ! LOL!
    raw nuts helps me and special k 90 calorie bars or fiber one bars .....and lots and lots of water ... GOOD LUCK :heart: Megan
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
    consider changing your lunch to something different----maybe Subway isn't the most nutrition dense choice you can make

nuts, an apple with peanut butter, Wasa cracker with hummus are good snack choices
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Something a bit sweet can help - I like the clif bar z for kids chocolate brownie... or whatever they're called. or sweeter fruits - like cold grapes, oranges, tangerines, peaches, strawberries.
  • klaflamme
    klaflamme Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    This program is suggesting I stick to 1200 calories. Feel free to view my journal though I recently had a cupcake ordeal. I have an AM and PM Snack section. Are you on a sugar or fat restriction or just calories? I love the Lite String Cheese... whole wheat crackers... fiber bars... fruits... and veggies.
  • cnutbrown
    cnutbrown Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My new fave is Source 0% Lemon Meringue Pie Yogurt!! Yummy....and only 35 cal for a 100g container!!! :love:
  • tabstattooed
    Options
    protien!!

try a protien shake, most have about 100 cals to 150 cals and over 20 gr protien. Protien helps you feel full longer, just 1-2 scoops and water...shake it up and drink it down.

what about low fat string cheese and trisket crackers? protien and fiber.

I know people who eat one of the small cans of chicken ( looks like tuna) great protien source.

100 cal snacks can get out of hand cost wise and cal wise. Sometimes it is easier to buy the regular food and cut the portion. Sometimes is comes out the same nutritional wise too. Its easy to consume 500 cals a day in 100 cal packs.

Pnut butter, almonds, hard boiled eggs ( mixed in cottage cheese). :smile:
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I was going to say protein shakes/bars too.

I like the EAS chocolate protein powder. If I mix 2 scoops with milk it tastes like swiss miss. I usually have 1 at 7 and don't need anything again until around 10.

Pure Protein peanut butter or chocolate deluxe bars are good too.