Replies

• wxchaser
    wxchaser Posts: 178
    Options
    bump
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Crushed red pepper flake + lemon zest, and finished with a squeeze of lemon juice.

I also broil all of my veggies instead of steam or saute. The charred edges are amazing.
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Vh reduced sodium soya sauce...or just a little salt n' pepper

Curry on potatoes is DEADLY
  • mr18actor
    mr18actor Posts: 480
    Options
    For broccoli - Olive Oil, Garlic, and Steak Seasoning - either in the oven, but it work out better on the grill in a foil pouch - oh yeah!
  • PeopleAreStrange
    Options
    I usually steam my veg but if I roast them I add olive oil & garlic with a few herbs added for a mediterranean taste.
  • PeopleAreStrange
    Options
    I usually steam my veg but if I roast them I add olive oil & garlic with a few herbs added for a mediterranean taste.
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    Salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese, onion powder, sometimes red pepper flakes too.. Tasty.
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I love grilling asparagus. Coat with either melted butter or a scrambled egg. Sprinkle with black pepper and a dash of garlic. Good stuff!

Steamed, mashed cauliflower mixed with a little butter, black pepper and garlic tastes like mashed potatoes, for people watching their carbs & starch.

Stir-fry veggies are very good with 1/4 cup cream or milk and a tablespoon each of Splenda and Srirachi sauce. Makes a sweet-spicy coating.

Also try with stir-fried veggies: 1/3 cup roughly chopped cilantro leaves, 3 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed; 1 tablespoon fresh ginger; 1 jalapeño pepper, roughly chopped (optional)
  • shakespearessister
    Options
    For steamed veggies, I use a small dollop of butter (to help absorb fat soluble vitamins) and Celtic sea salt. Sometimes on peas or green beans, I use Simply Organic Italian dressing mix, and just sprinkle the powder over the steamed veggies. The small amount of butter and moisture on the veggies make the powder dissolve and stick. It's tasty. For roasted veggies, I use a lot of fresh garlic. Depending on what it is, I use rosemary, thyme, and basil as well.
  • Fitfortat
    Fitfortat Posts: 47
    Options
    I'm a fan of OLD Bay seasoning or a little Tony Chacheres, just watch the salt. And garlic of course always with the garlic!
  • rjlam326
    rjlam326 Posts: 16
    Options
    I use a little bit of butter or just use Montreal Chicken Seasoning or Bruschetta herbs. I buy my spices from Epicure Selections. They are awesome and have no preservatives in them and most of them do not have salt in them.