Skin breakouts/mouth ulcers?

Options
I have been doing this for 1 week now, and was feeling quite chuffed with myself with how well I've been sticking to it so far.

However, I seem to be experiencing breakouts on my face, as well as mouth ulcers having appeared. This normally happens when I am run down, yet I would not have expected it as a result of trying to healthify my lifestyle. Perhaps the 2 are unconnected??

Has anyone else experienced this after cutting calories? I am eating more fruit & less chocolate/snacks.

One particular symptom that is really irritating and always takes ages to heal when it appears is a slight sore/crack in the corner of my mouth. While it has not cracked yet the onset of irritation is there.

Replies

• Appletini
    Appletini Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    When I first started losing weight I broke out all over my chin and spotting. I'm guessing a hormonal connection. Things leveled out for me in a couple weeks.

Another factor to keep in mind, with the ulcers, is not to deprive your body/immune system with what it needs. Are you cutting your calories too severely? Are you eating enough to make up for calories lost during exercise? Also, are you eating the right stuff? Calories with nutritional value? Just stuff to question and think about :) Hope this helps a bit!
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    Not to be the negative nancy around here, but it kind of sounds like you got the herp. If you have herpes simplex 1 (cold sores) sometimes they appear when you're stressed. Don't feel bad though, I read 90% of the population actually has it, but only 20% will ever be symptomatic. :flowerforyou:
  • sabrinamunin
    Options
    I've been eating healthier since about mid-April, and I don't remember if I had more breakouts at first but now my skin is clearer than it's been since I was a small child (watch me wake up with a huge zit, now that I've said that!). My nails are looking fantastic and not breaking as much, also. So you may need to just wait it out and see if things settle down? Also take a look at what you're eating - is there something you are eating often now that you rarely ate before? There could be a mild allergy going on or something. I hope it all clears up for you!