feel really let down and disappointed :( :(

Options
I posted a topic earlier because I really need support and motivation to get myself back on track. I have went off track lately. I was hoping for some kind words and support but not one person commented on my post. I really need support. I just feel let down :(

Replies

• sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry. I hate when that happens. If you'd like, you can add me as a friend and if you want to ask me anything specific, go ahead!
  • Shannon2714
    Shannon2714 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    What have you been doing as far as your eating and your exercising? What are your goals?
  • januadiaboli
    januadiaboli Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Ugh ... that's disappointing. We all get off track at times, but I'm sure you can do it!
  • deniseearheart
    deniseearheart Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    It is hard to get back on track... I went home to visit for 10 days 2 months ago and did not work out while I was there and gained 5 pounds back. It was hard to get back on track but it is something you just have to do. When I got back home I did not work out for an additional 3 weeks.. So I know what you are going through. Just have to push yourself to do it
  • TheDudette
    TheDudette Posts: 174
    Options
    I don't know why this website doesn't rotate all topics through the main page like it used to. It's totally bogus, my posts usually get ignored as well. Next time try posting something mean spirited, perverted or about exercise calories and you're sure to make the rotation no problem.

I don't know what your first post said, but I sincerely hope that you're feeling better and if you ever need an encouraging friend please feel free to add me. :)
  • Triabella
    Triabella Posts: 9
    Options
    I think a lot of times messages get posted so quickly that a lot of messages just aren't seen...
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Sorry for your disappointment - I am just now getting the site to function for me. It kept locking up for the past 1/2 hour or so. Before that I wasn't available to be on here. Similar cases could be happening all around us, people getting off work, feeding their families, going to the store, getting ready for their day tomorrow. I'll see if I can find your post - wait there. :wink:
  • avimoo
    avimoo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I need to loose 55 lbs. I do well for a couple of weeks then I always treat myself to something ( which I know I shouldn't ) . This throws me off track. I want to start walking again. I also do zumba and just dance on the wii. Thank you so much for taking the time to talk to me x
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I've had that happen to me too... I think it depends on the time of day who sees it & when... there are a LOT of posts on here, & I've found that at certain times of the day, no one is reading them at all.

I had a CRUMBY visit to the Personal Trainer at my gym, who basically told me "you're fat, & you can't do this" & I whined to the forums for support... I guess I hit the right time of day for a rant though.

I've also put messages about being on the edge... chocolate cake purchased, fork poised... & gotten no response. Its unfortunate, but it happens.

I hope you're feeling better though, & I'm sure it's not because people don't care about you. I think it's just a matter of weird timing. The site was down for a while today too (at least I couldn't get on).
  • ktbug1186
    ktbug1186 Posts: 266
    Options
    if you need support, add me :D
  • Reem2011
    Reem2011 Posts: 1
    Options
    what have you been off track with?
  • kerr2010
    kerr2010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I hate it when that happens. It isn't because people dislike you or don't want to help. I think sometimes people post a lot and some topics get bumped down. Can you repost your previous entry here?
  • mbajrami
    mbajrami Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    I don't know why this website doesn't rotate all topics through the main page like it used to. It's totally bogus, my posts usually get ignored as well. Next time try posting something mean spirited, perverted or about exercise calories and you're sure to make the rotation no problem.

I don't know what your first post said, but I sincerely hope that you're feeling better and if you ever need an encouraging friend please feel free to add me. :)

^This...me too.
  • arathena720
    arathena720 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that! I know how hard set backs can be but it's just a bump in the road. It won't stop you from getting to your destination as long as you don't let it! Feel free to add me as a friend, too!
  • tmauck4472
    tmauck4472 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I did not see the post. Not sure what's going on but I know you have to keep going, it's not worth going back.
  • Excellentia
    Excellentia Posts: 182
    Options
    Please don't be. What do we need to do? Friend me for support and motivation if you'd like.
  • moniquedeanne
    moniquedeanne Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I posted a topic earlier because I really need support and motivation to get myself back on track. I have went off track lately. I was hoping for some kind words and support but not one person commented on my post. I really need support. I just feel let down :(

We can't be on all the time, none of us can. I know how you feel I've been there too. If I were you I would do something healthy that makes me happy. I love hiking, I'm not saying I'm the best at it or anything, but I love being out in nature. When I feel down I plan a hiking trip its healthy and for me its fun too. Try focusing on only the little things sometimes that helps too. Like drinking the proper amount of water or making sure to take your vitamins. Sometimes when you do all the little things the bigger things follow.
  • Annemouse
    Annemouse Posts: 14
    Options
    Come up with some mini goals and rewards. Example for me:
    5 pounds down = get my teeth whitened
    10 pounds down = buy a new bathing suit

It really helps get me motivated because I refuse to let myself do any of these things before I make my goal and I want that new bathing suit before summer ends!
  • perenial52
    perenial52 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    hi I am avalable for support as I need some also please be my friend and we can work together to get to our goal sharon
  • Aviendha_RJ
    Aviendha_RJ Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Oh, some things make me crazy about the main page. The Highlighted Posts that bother me are:

1) "Rate the person above you"
    2) "Answer only in Questions"
    3) "iPhone or Android?" (isn't that something you should be asking on Facebook, not a nutrition site?)
    4) "Is this photo airbrushed?" of impossibly skinny supermodels that are probably just anorexic or just 18 & blessed with rapid metabolism.
    5) Anything else that falls into the general category of time-wasting.

It's stupid... but people's posts looking for support/help are often overwhelmed by other people's stupidity.