when I have a cheat day, I really have a cheat day

Options
So, yesterday I went to spend the day in Burlington VT to visit some friends and show my boyfriend around the town I went to college in (YAY UVM). I was just going to call it a cheat day, and be somewhat conscious of what I ate, but not really deny myself any of the favorites I only get the once in a blue moon I am there. We went to my favorite breakfast place and I got a California Eggs Benedict, minus the hollandase sauce - poached eggs on a bed of spinach, mushrooms advocado and veggie sausage patties, and the bad part was that instead of an english muffin it comes on a croissant. It is to die for. I got fruit on the side instead of the home fries. My boyfriend got the pancakes there, and I almost wish he didn't because they were AMAZING and I almost would rather not have known that so as to not be tempted to get them again. And of course, it's VT so we had to pour on the VT maple syrup.

I did make another attempt at being good and green tea for my beverage

Let me say I am not used to eating that much at once or that heavy a meal, and it sat like a rock in my stomach for hours. Which at least prevented me from wanted food at the county fair we went to next to see the 4H group I work with show their animals.

Our midday "snack" was a stop at the magic hat brewery. For anyone who likes small microbrew beer, check them out, so good! I know alcohol is bad for the waistline, but this stuff is worth a splurge if you have the calories. The give out free samples so I tasted a few, I don't think I drank as much as a full 12oz beer (although that is what I logged), but I did have at least half of one.

Dinner was at a japanese place, so at least I was able to get sashimi and seaweed salad - yummy and low in calorie. I did splurge and get a roll, and then completely fell off the wagon and got fried ice cream (which I shared with my best friend).

I don't regret any of the decisions since it was a great day with amazing food, but really need to get on the wagon again since I went about 2000 calories over my goal yesterday. I am also off to the gym to get some good calorie burn going.

Replies

• AlannaPie
    AlannaPie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I had my cheat day yesterday too. I had a cheese calzone for lunch, a huge steak and rice & beans for dinner, zepoles for dessert, and shared three bottles of wine.
  • TByrd1325
    TByrd1325 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    It's hard for me to have a cheat day. Once I have something I shouldn't, my willpower seems to diminish. :mad:
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/28967-it-s-not-about-cheating-by-jillian-michaels

this is a topic yall really need to read if you still do cheat days. i hope this helps you in your journey.
  • sydenham24
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

wow! great job! sounds like you are really setting yourself up to 'live right'.
    congratulations.
  • blakgarnet
    blakgarnet Posts: 343
    Options
    thanks for the new idea on "cheating." I feel better about enjoying myself since I've had a lot of days in the other direction calorie wise.