Eating Healthy While Camping

Options
My family and I are going camping for 6 days next week. I am trying to make a grocery list and I am having a hard time. We won't have a fridge, just coolers ( that we refill with ice ) so I can't take much that requires refrigeration. I need some inspiration please!

Replies

• learning2fly4
    learning2fly4 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Last few times we've gone, I made a chicken sausage summer stew and froze it (made for good ice packs and was dinner a night or two in).
    We usually take a lot of Jerky and nuts. Trader Joes has some pretty healthy ones.
    Lots of veggies like zucchini,squash, eggplant etc are good if sprayed with some cooking spray and grilled.
    You can get some pineapple as well for dessert to grill.
  • MissAshleyylala
    MissAshleyylala Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    turkey kielbasa, or turkey or tofu dogs with whole wheat buns, take canned soups... some of these ideas may work also http://blog.gaiam.com/blog/rethinking-campfire-food-15-healthy-easy-ideas-2-recipes/
    Have a good time!!!
  • TeenageSwag
    Options
    Take healthy foods. Simple. No chips/sodas.
  • jfan175
    jfan175 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Fresh fruits and veggies were made for a cooler. Turkey burgers and turkey brats.....lean cold cuts for protein. For breakfast, heat up some water for oatmeal and sprinkle on some protein powder and cinnamon. You can pack a few protein bars to save on space.