I THINK I'M FINALLY READY...

Options
Well, those of you who know me know that I have not been here for quite a while. I've had a LOT going on. I'm proud and sorry to say that I only gained 8 pounds during the past two months or so. I know it could have been a whole lot more! Anyway, I've finally gotten to a place again in my life where I can put myself back on my "TO DO" list. My son's recovery has been going extremely well, except for his hand, and he is finally off to college and it is just my hubby and me. My son't recovery won't be complete for at least another year and a half but at least he isn't having a pity party and is learning to move on with his life. He really is an inspiration to me. I finally realize that I have to let go and let God...not just say it but DO IT! He is in God's hands.

I have a couple of workout buddies again. We start the gym tomorrow. I also have a running buddy. I've never had that and I am SO stoked about it!!!! She has lost, like, 60 pounds! I really am excited. She is going to be the one to keep me on track and pray with me when things get rough again. We start running Tuesday.

So, I'm back. I really missed you all. I hope you all have been well. Thank all of you for your support when I was here and I humbly ask for your support again.

Replies

• havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Having people to be accountable to is a great way to make sure you exercise. I workout with my husband at the gym and have a women's walking group I walk with.

Congrats for climbing back on the wagon
  • nguill6
    nguill6 Posts: 133
    Options
    Welcome back! Hope all continues to go well for your son, and way to cope without packing on the pounds :flowerforyou:
  • MsJantell
    Options
    Hi, I am glad that you are back on your fitness program and that things have worked out for your son and now he is off to college. God will put no more on your than you can truly bear. Yes, you are absolutely right; we must all must learn to let go and let God not only with words but with total faith.

Here is a few :flowerforyou: flowers to welcome you back.

Chin up and now you are on your way......
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. You have truly touched my spirit. :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart: