Is there a way to track calories while working?

Options
I work at a feed and grain mill (if anyone knows what that is). My job is usually just moving 50-125lb bags for most of the work day (8am-5pm). Is there any way to keep track of the calories I burn or estimate what i'd average a day.

Replies

• orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Yes, get a bodybugg or a fitbit, they track your calories burned througout the day.

I have been using a bodybugg for the last week, its cool although the software could use some improvement.

In my case it might be overkill because it seems like the other tools I had to track the calories were sufficiently accurate, for the most part.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Maybe a FitBit? (I've never used one- don't know how accurate they are just heard of them here and poked around their website).
  • karaks
    karaks Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I have the BodyMedia Fit armband and love it. It's pretty accurate for tracking burn throughout the day. You can also track your food, but I've found that MFP has a better database. I use my armband to see what I've burned and MFP for everything else. The armband also tracks your sleep if you wear it overnight. You do have to plug it into the computer via USB to see everything. For me, it's been a great investment.
  • mcarter99
    mcarter99 Posts: 1,666 Member
    Options
    I don't think a Bugg or Fitbit will capture the resistance part of what you do. I think you'd need to wear a HRM and adjust for BMR.
  • iluvmyortiz1122
    iluvmyortiz1122 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have a polar. It has a chest strap that measures your HR and shows it on the watch. I bought it b/c I do cross fit and wanted an accurate assessment of how many calories I'm burning.