Hello from a TN college student

Options
Hi,

So this is my first week trying this. My mom introduced me to the site. I cannot diet to save my life. If I have to withhold from food the diet will not work....such as carb free or no meat...no thanks! I want a diet that I can eat whatever I want. I checked the BMI scale and I am just under obese for my height and weight. I do not agree with the BMI scale but what can you do?

Anyway....

So far just seeing what I consume and in what quantity has been significant. I have really become aware of what goes into my mouth.

I want this to be a lifestyle diet, not a short term diet.

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Hi,

So this is my first week trying this. My mom introduced me to the site. I cannot diet to save my life. If I have to withhold from food the diet will not work....such as carb free or no meat...no thanks! I want a diet that I can eat whatever I want. I checked the BMI scale and I am just under obese for my height and weight. I do not agree with the BMI scale but what can you do?

Anyway....

So far just seeing what I consume and in what quantity has been significant. I have really become aware of what goes into my mouth.

I want this to be a lifestyle diet, not a short term diet.
    think of it as a lifestyle change not a diet ..... this is forever not shortterm ...GOOD LUCK ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY and KNOW THAT YOU CAN DO THIS ....:heart: Megan
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: