another round of garden fresh!

Options
I just got out of the garden! Got another round of taters, green goodies and maters! Yes I'm a redneck and proud!
All pesticide free and FRESH!

Can't wait til tomorrow's dinner.
Homemade whole wheat pasta with fresh maters . Garden veggies and skim milk.

Some days I wish my son would eat boxed, but homemade does taste so much better.

Hopefully my back is better too. Been taking it easy today. Just mowed an acre. No aerobics.

Push push push! I'm determined!!

How is everyone tonight?

Replies

• supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I'm in zone 5 so my garden is just starting to pop! I'm patiently waiting on my okra the most, I LOVE okra and planted a ton this year.
  • lil_bit_crazy
    lil_bit_crazy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    We don't have our own...our neighbors have 2 huge ones and we all share. There are 4 houses that eat from it so we all tend it. We've lived on this same street for almost 11 years (next month). Only 3 families have revolving doors here out of 8 houses so we're all kinda close.

We do most veggies, tomatoes, ..my youngest has watermelon out..and whatever one of the seeds the kids tossed in the mix throughout the summer. Its nice ...hubby loves gardening. I like to make homemade everything. Especially pickles.

He loves okra. This year the green beans are sweet...really sweet. I was munching as I picked.
    Already picked 3 runs...more coming!
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    We planted our first garden this year and are loving it !!! I have been grilling and roasting veggies like a crazy woman.

And you are right it is a lot of work but taste s good.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Just had my first ripe tomato from the garden today - it was incredible, just with a little sprinkle of salt.

Not quite ripe but in the works are strawberries, corn, sweet and hot peppers, two kinds of tomatoes, zucchini, cucumbers and a variety of herbs.
  • lil_bit_crazy
    lil_bit_crazy Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I love zucchini and squash! Yummy and baked (previous fried) green tomatoes.
    I never add salt to anything. Fresh for me is best flavor. Maybe its how I was raised...my mom salted (and still does) everything ...heavily. Its gross. She can empty a standard salt shaker in 1 week.

Time for a soak...super sore!
  • carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    How is everyone tonight?

Kinda jealous. I'd love a garden full of fresh veggies.