I want to go from fat to phat

Options
My name is Joy I just moved to southern Indiana with my husband and 6 month old son. I have been struggling with weight my whole life and it's time for a change.

Replies

• Jax67
    Jax67 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Joy and good luck with your journey :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: me too !

PHAT =pretty hot and tempting :flowerforyou:
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! :flowerforyou: :love: :flowerforyou:

Jump right in and find your beautiful Phat self! :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    My name is Joy I just moved to southern Indiana with my husband and 6 month old son. I have been struggling with weight my whole life and it's time for a change.

Hi Joy, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As for exercise, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also recently aquired the Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too! :smile:
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    Hello, Joy :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Welcome to MFP
    This is a great site. Take the time to learn about all the great features and use them.
    You will succeed if you work hard and don’t lose sight of your goal.
    This site changed my life and it can change yours :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Take it one day at a time
    Stay open minded to new ideas
    Take baby steps
    Drink lots of water :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Think of this as a new way of life, not just a temporary diet.

It always helps me to log my food first before I eat so there are no surprises.

Find a group to be part of and check in with them every day
    :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: