Why have I not lost any weight this week?

Options
Hi,
I've just weighed in at the end of my second week and I lost nothing! My first weeks I surprisingly lost 2kg, but I believe a lot of that was getting rid of bloating from overeating! I've stuck to my points for 14 days bar 2 days going slightly over. I'm trying to lose a total of 5 kg.

In the last three months I've started exercising again after two years of nothing really to speak of. My log says Pilates but it's more a Upper body strengthening and an Abs/Butts/Thighs class with pushups, lunges, crunches etc. I'm also doing Interval training on the treadmill, just at a beginners stage where I'm doing 5 minute jog to warm up/cool down and 10 minutes of 30 second run/jog intervals.

I'm wondering whether perhaps I need to be a bit more patient as perhaps I'm replacing fat with muscle? I will do some measurements tonight and check again in 2 weeks.

I'm trying to keep positive and remember that this isn't a diet but a lifestyle change so results don't need to be massive or immediate, but it is disheartening all the same.

Would someone mind looking at my diary and seeing if there's any improvement that could be made?

Thanks!

Replies

• japruzze
    japruzze Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't open.
  • LuneBleu85
    LuneBleu85 Posts: 217
    Options
    I'd be happy to look (but I can't see it!), I think you have to set it to "public".
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Measurements are better than relying on a scale
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    It's going to happen, so be patient. You won't always show a loss each week, and some weeks you may even gain. Don't stress over it, especially with just one week.

...and I just noticed that you even noted that yourself :-)
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    meh...just keep going...weight loss is like that.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    You do need to be patient - especially if you lost a lot in the first week, than I wouldn't be surprised to see minimal changes the next.

When you start exercising your muscles might be holding onto fluid as they recover from the new stress you are putting them under.
    Or it could be hormonal, or related to hydration/dehydration or a number of other reasons.

Keep eating well and exercising and you'll see changes in time. It just does't happen overnight, especially when you don't have much to lose.
  • farmgirlsuz
    farmgirlsuz Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Your diary isn't open, so I really can't comment on that.

What I can comment on is this. You didn't gain it over night, you won't lose it overnight. I had the same experience when I first started. On week three I GAINED two pounds! I was so frustrated. I was in tears. I even said I could have sat on the couch on eaten chips and soda and done the same thing! But you have to look at the big picture. You are right-this is a lifestyle change. There will be ups and there will be downs. Just stick with it, be honest about your logging (good AND bad) move your butt every chance possible and embrace the journey!

You can do this! Keep it up!
  • CassieReannan
    CassieReannan Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    In my first week I lost 3kg, in my second none as well and in my third week I gained. I think its your body trying to figure itself out! Its not used to it. My body goes into weeks without loss then a big loss and it repeats.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Some weeks you lose, some you don't... I wouldn't start worrying yet.
  • Graciecny
    Graciecny Posts: 303
    Options
    Welcome to the wonderful zig-zag line that is weight loss. :laugh: I felt the exact same way early on - the first week, a little, the second week, gained it all back. But eventually it did head in the right direction, you just have to stay the course! Good luck!