Getting back on track

Options
Hey all,

I've been a member for about half a year now. I was doing very well with both eating and exercising. Then my holidays started.. oh my. I finished C25K succesfully at the beginning of August and on 4th Aug I went for a trip abroad with a friend for almost two weeks. Since then, I haven't really got back to eating healthy and exercising regularly.

I started at a new job two weeks ago. I'm now working at a kindergarten and the lunch served there is very basic so I don't have to worry about unhealthy lunch. The exercise classes that I used to attend before they closed for summer at the end of May are starting again on 1st September. So, I will be attending my old favorites and trying a couple of new ones (such as belly dance :happy: ). My goal is to attend 5 classes a week but that will be a bit difficult due to the fact that I also look after an 8-year-old about twice a week (one night during the week plus Saturday or Sunday). But if I only make it to 4 classes a week, then I suppose I could do two 30 min jogs per week.

Any thoughts? How hard is it to get back on track? How difficult is it to stay back on track when you have one "failure" behind you?

Replies

• Sherry79
    Sherry79 Posts: 74
    Options
    I too am just getting back on track after about 3 months of not doing so good. In my own experience I have found that once I have made up my mind and I am determined it isn't any harder than it was before I got off track. But for me if I am just not "ready" to do it then no matter how hard I try I end up going back to my old ways before the day is over. :embarassed: It sounds like you are determined and you know what you want and what to do to get there so you should do great!! :smile: Have fun and let me know how the belly dancing classes go. I've thought about trying that myself.
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    it sounds to me that your having trouble re adjusting to your new schedual, not just that you can't get back on track from vacation.I know it is hard. I found that after my 2 week vacation I had to push myself really hard to get back to my routine, but that's what happens. It is always an adjustment. just relax and give yourself time. this is the time of year for change,too. school, work, weather.......I think if you just keep pushing yourself along, even if you don't want to, until you find your new routine. you'll be fine. rememeber this is a:smile: JOURNEY......life is always changing and we have to change with it.
    Give yourself some praise for what you've accomplished so far, and be patient with yourself.

:happy: " You haven't failed, until you give up.:happy:
  • fanta014
    fanta014 Posts: 56
    Options
    Yea, there has been a lot going on with my life. I graduated from school, and decided to have a year off from studying and work instead. My best friend is moving to England which just makes me sad. But right now, I'm really determined to get this thing going on :smile:

I'm really excited about starting exercising again, can't wait until Tuesday, that's when the belly dance class starts :happy:

Thanks for your answers. And, Sherry79, I will report on the belly dancing on Wednesday, if not on Tuesday :happy:
  • kimss
    kimss Posts: 1,146
    Options
    good luck, sounds like you have a great plan to work with.
    A few day ago I found 3 sessions of beginners belly dancing on FitTV.... I haven't started doing them yet, but I'm going too. too funny, meeting you is quite a coincidence.
    maybe your just the inspiration I need to do it.
    thanks
    :smile:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Honestly, it's always a struggle- getting back on track, staying on track. I know I struggle daily, but once I get a few healthy days in, I find it gets just a little easier.

Good luck. :smile:
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Yep here too trying to make a come back after 2 months of being gone. I am ready to remove the last 17 lbs before winter hits and the holidays are upon us. So for me it's READY SET GO!!!!:glasses:
  • pk1022
    pk1022 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have been off track since I changed my work schdule to 4 10 hour days in early June. I am going back to 8 hour days soon....It is very hard to get back on track but i am starting today..with exercise and no more sugar...i am such a sugar nut...once i start I can't stop... I just have to stay away from it... a little doesn't do it for me I just want more more more... so today I start again I am going to try and focus on making healthy choices and using the food diary every day...Good luck to everyone starting again...