calories vs exercise...need help

Options
hi all,

Iam new to this website and trying to loose 50 lbs, it tells me to eat 1200 calries a day and i walked suppose 120 minutes , it tell me to eat 600 calroes more which ihave earned from exercise.
if i add those calories it tell me that i will loose less weight by october 4.

why is that so.

please guide me how to eat what to eat and how to keep balance among calories and exercise.

thanks and please help me loose this 50 lbs sooon.

Replies

• Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    please search the forums for the "eating your exercise calories."
    In the meantime I shall search for a link to explain this to you.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/10589-for-those-confused-or-questioning-eating-your-exercise-calo

Please check out my blog for more links to important, health-oriented information.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    hi all,

Iam new to this website and trying to loose 50 lbs, it tells me to eat 1200 calries a day and i walked suppose 120 minutes , it tell me to eat 600 calroes more which ihave earned from exercise.
    if i add those calories it tell me that i will loose less weight by october 4.

why is that so.

please guide me how to eat what to eat and how to keep balance among calories and exercise.

thanks and please help me loose this 50 lbs sooon.

Definitely read that thread about eating your exercise calories.
    I'm sure you'll also get tons of advice for and against. In my own case, I can tell you that I eat MOST of mine. I do try to leave SOME though, just in case I estimated wrong on some of my foods throughout the day. :wink: :smile:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    If you click the "complete today's entry" button before you've eaten all of your daily allotted calories, it will tell you that you will weigh "x" amount in 5 weeks. If you click it after you have eaten all of your daily allotted calories, the number of pounds lost will be less in 5 weeks.