friends?

mestisa77
mestisa77 Posts: 30
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
why is it when you try to lose weight, and actually show some progress, you get people who just want to bring you down and not just be happy for you, that your at least trying. especially with women?

Replies

• Angie1215
    Angie1215 Posts: 125 Member
    People like that aren't true friends. They're just using u as a crutch for their own insecurities and jealousy. A true friend would motivate and always have postive words when they know you're trying your best.
  • Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    I don't have an answer to that. But I wanted to say good for you! Making the decision to try and be healthier, it takes strength and determination. Good luck!
  • klaflamme
    klaflamme Posts: 109 Member
    I'm guessing these people don't understand what it's like being overweight or the great feeling when you are accomplishing your goals. Keep it up and we can be your support system.
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    often jealousy that you are making progress or doing something that they would like to be doing but are not yet willing or ready to make the necessary changes...dont let that stop you :flowerforyou:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Immature people around you will project their own failures and negativity on you usually because they're helpless to help themselves. They don't want competition. There's a lot of truth to 'misery loves company'. Look past their sickness and keep your head to the grindstone, be comforted by the fact that you'll be healthier than they are, and let your results speak for themselves.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    That's just them being catty and jealous- they feel threatened because you're so much hotter than they are.
This discussion has been closed.