My Polar HRM is not functioning properly

Options
2»

Replies

• crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I had these same problems...I replaced the batteries 5x...no good. Fought it for over a month. Then, finally, I tightened the already tight chest strap...issue solved.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    After a month and a half, I seriously doubt it was a battery issue unless you just never stop your timer.

This problem is usually caused by not keeping the strap clean. When the electrodes on the strap get a build-up of oil and dirt, it won't function properly. I recommending rinsing it after each use and tossing it in the washing machine in a laundry pouch once or twice a month.
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    I'm considering purchasing a Polar HRM as well, and i'm keeping all of your comments in mind. Thanks!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    After a month and a half, I seriously doubt it was a battery issue unless you just never stop your timer.

This problem is usually caused by not keeping the strap clean. When the electrodes on the strap get a build-up of oil and dirt, it won't function properly. I recommending rinsing it after each use and tossing it in the washing machine in a laundry pouch once or twice a month.

^^^ definitely important. I keep mine clean though, and still had similar issues. Tightening the strap (which, again...I already thought was tight enough) seems to have fixed the entire problem.
  • talamer
    talamer Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I had these same problems...I replaced the batteries 5x...no good. Fought it for over a month. Then, finally, I tightened the already tight chest strap...issue solved.

I will try to tightened the strap and will see how it goes!

Thanks a lot :)
  • talamer
    talamer Posts: 516 Member
    Options

I think you are right, in somehow, I'm cleaning my straps every time after workout by rinsing it under the water and let it dry in the towel holder. I just washed it last week bcoz I had problem in detecting my heart rate. So it goes well for first time! I will try to tighten the strap as this may cause that issue.