First weigh-in in a month and since starting MFP tomorrow

Options
I am so nervous. I plan on going in the morning before I have had anything to eat or drink and after I try to eliminate everything possible. I really hope I have lost. :( I did work really hard. Does anyone have any suggestions about how to handle it if I have gained?

Replies

• Assassins_Angel
    Options
    i know that feeling!! ive been at this over a month and ive done nothing but gain weight so ive uped my calories and stopped eating back my exercise cals too but dont get dicouraged!! try and look back through your diaries and have a back up plan just incase so you dont get sideswipped like i did
  • BR3ANDA
    BR3ANDA Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Yes, if you gain, or dont lose, take measurements instead! This of course is only helpful if you took measurements in the beginning. Or find a pair of jeans that were really snug on you last month and see if they fit any better, if they do, then your doing great! No matter what the scale says.
  • ScubyUK
    ScubyUK Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Don't just track what scale says Fella, take body measurements and track those too. I gained .5 lb last week, but lost 1cm off my waist. I'm happier with that result than I would have been had the scale number lowered.

Whatever the number, it's how you thought you did that counts more. It's all about switching your thought processes.
  • woodsk67
    woodsk67 Posts: 88
    Options
    All of the above- While my weight is not pouring off like i would like, my pants are lose, my shirts fit better. The scale is a tool, but not the final factor.. Good luck today!
  • aoikirin
    aoikirin Posts: 143
    Options
    I delayed it until tomorrow lol - putting off the inevitable. ;0
  • aoikirin
    aoikirin Posts: 143
    Options
    So I did the weigh-in today and I have lost 5 lbs this past month. I am now 248 (ok so that's a big big number but I am 6'4 ;0 )

I am happy but sort of wish it were more. Still though it is pretty good, right?