3rd shift eating schedule

Options
So I work 3rd shift and therefore eat late at night. I get off work at 7am and come home an usually go straight to bed. When I wake up I have breakfast and proceed to have the rest of my meals accordingly. Does anyone know if that is the right thing to do? I just don't want to working harder then I have to because I am eating at the wrong time. I try to not eat right before I sleep and try to eat my heavier meal for lunch so that I have more time to burn it throughout the day. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Replies

• TamAD48
    TamAD48 Posts: 387
    Options
    I also work 3rd shift getting out at 8am. With this shift it's harder because our meal times are not the same as everyone else's. The important thing is that you are getting in all of the calories that you are allowed each day, reguardless of what time you actually eat the meal. Feel free to add me as a friend on here if you would like some additional support from a fellow overnighter.
  • bluex232
    bluex232 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I work overnights too, I have my diary set up with the meals Breakfast - Lunch - Dinner - Work(overnights) and Snacks. I put anything that I eat at work on the previous day (even though it is after midnight). I have a hard time actually eating breakfast when I get up I end up just eating lunch and dinner type meals (which sometimes makes it hard to stay under calories) but I usually eat at about 130 am or at 4am on my breaks (depending on how big of a supper I had). It seems to be working for me okay. 8-)