Bodyrock - confusing!

Options
Hey everyone,

I've recently heard a bit about Bodyrock and actually downloaded their app but I find their site really hard to navigate and figure out what exercises I should be doing on what day....can anyone (specifically other females) let me know how they tailor their workouts, what to do on what days etc and what results you've had? :-)

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• sozzell
    sozzell Posts: 166
    Options
    Anyone at all tried this? :-)
  • cnhendrix
    cnhendrix Posts: 2
    Options
    I am a bodyrocker and I love it! When you go on the site (bodyrock.tv) click on any video and get your sweat on. They always do a workout breakdown, what to set your timer for, what exercises to do and a video of the workout. I get great results with it!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    The site used to make my head spin too! Fortunately I was bored in class one day and had plenty of time to play around with it. I find if you go to all workouts and change the order to ascending on the little drop down thing you cant more easily find the workouts with no equipment.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    There's a website with a list of bodyrock workouts without equipment. I can't remember what it is since I'm not a bodyrocker, but maybe a quick google will help?
  • LauraLouFace
    LauraLouFace Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    There's a website with a list of bodyrock workouts without equipment. I can't remember what it is since I'm not a bodyrocker, but maybe a quick google will help?

http://litealloy.com/workouts/tags

Is that the link you mean? I am fairly new to bodyrocking and I found it confusing at first too. You just have to start watching the videos to get a feel for how it works. Start with the workout of the day and see if it works for you! What I didn't know going into it was that you weren't intended to follow along with the videos - you see how the workouts are done and then do it on your own. However, now they are doing real time workouts as well, so you get the best of both worlds. You can also get pretty creative with using whatever is lying around your house as an alternative to their equipment. I LOVE the site now that I have the hang of using it, and I recommend it to everyone that I can (I think people are sick of it by now :p)
  • sozzell
    Options
    Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies.

Thanks for the tips for searching for workouts without the equipment too.

Am I correct in thinking that each video is designed to be a complete workout, so just one video per day for example? The android app for this is no good at all!
  • AZDizzy
    AZDizzy Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

I was two weeks in when I cut my ankle and can't fully bodyrock yet, but I still keep up with what I should do! I was doing the May 30-day challenge. There was a schedule that said what KIND of workout to do that day, plus a fitness test, etc. By kind of workout, there are categories...burn, sculpt, flow, etc. If you can find it on the site, look for the 30-day challenge, download a schedule and it will tell you what kind to do and then go through the vids or utube and pick one of that kind from those.

You can also follow exactly which workouts they posted on that 30-day challenge link on the br.tv site.

I agree, the app is rubbish.

I'll be BRing again soon!
  • sozzell
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your ankle :-s hope you get on the mend soon!

I downloaded the calendar for the challenge but on some days there are two, even 3 workouts and it isn't clear if you need to do them all!
  • histora
    histora Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I just peeked at that site, and got sucked in skimming and reading. While it looks like something I could really get behind, I'm horribly intimidated by the people on there...doesn't look like anyone has more than an ounce of fat! Are the workouts offered there doable for the more heavily padded folks?

I'm kinda in the same pickle with insanity/p90...all of their before/after pics show already slim people getting toned, so I just assume it isn't for heavier folks.
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I wasn't overweight but I was very very saggy skinny/fat and bodyrock really helped. I recommend getting none of the equipment if you are on a budget. Don't think you can't sub anything.
    I made my own sandbag, use a medicine ball as an Ugi and I had a walker as a dip station. I also use a kettlebell.
    Start off with any of their fit tests.
    From there start off with whatever workout they're doing for that day. Watch the video. Don't pay attention to the equipment breakdown cuz often its not what they use anyway. Watch the video. Lisa or whoever is leading will break every move down. Also if you find those too complicated, use the old Zuz workouts.
    Here is a link for a BR workout search http://litealloy.com/workouts/tags
    They usually set the timer to 12 minutes, 10 seconds of rest and 50 of work. There is also an app you can use if you don't have the timer, though the timer is probably the one piece I'd say you have to have...but the app also works.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I love bodyrock!

I just make my own schedule... There are tons of videos on that site, but they usually post one per week day (Mon-Fri)...

They usually show variations for different levels too...
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    BODYROCK IS DOABLE FOR ANYONE! Look up the success stories on facebook and on the site too. People go from overweight and not in shape to looking absolutely amazing. You're seeing the people who have already been where you are, worked hard, and reached their goals! Use it as motivation! As for the confusion, it can be weird. They post a new one every day or two and you can start with any. I suggest searching for "february challenge" or "may challenge" on the website. You do have to scroll allllllll the way down but you will find the first day of the challenge and instructions on how to do your fit test. Every workout can be modified (and they tell you how) to do with no equipment. I invested in a sandbag and couldn't be happier that i did. it's a very versatile piece of "equipment". I got mine for $40 and it's perfect (the one they advertise is really expensive). I started and completed the may challenge and i'm shocked at the results. I have lost body fat, broken a plateau i've been on since february, and i have started to see my abs. I'm going back and doing the february challenge now and I can't wait to see the results!

Bottom line- BODYROCK IS FOR YOU AND YOU AND YOU AND YOU AND YOU! Just get started. It's 12-25 minutes a day and if you give it your all, you WILL see results!

Edit to add- a timer is key. I downloaded the app GymBoss on my phone and it's awesome. Not sure what it would be for droids but I'm sure there is at least one similar app!
  • xqueenbee24x
    xqueenbee24x Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I just peeked at that site, and got sucked in skimming and reading. While it looks like something I could really get behind, I'm horribly intimidated by the people on there...doesn't look like anyone has more than an ounce of fat! Are the workouts offered there doable for the more heavily padded folks?

I'm kinda in the same pickle with insanity/p90...all of their before/after pics show already slim people getting toned, so I just assume it isn't for heavier folks.

I have yet to try any of the bodyrock videos - I got wicked confused when I looked at the site myself, and thought I would go back to it when I complete Insanity.
    As far as the intimidation factor, don't let that prevent you from trying your best at whatever type of workout you want to do. What I like about Insanity (and this can probably be applied to p90x as well) is that although it is fast paced and difficult at time, it is an at home workout program that you can tailor to your needs and abilities. I am into month 2 and am still modifying push-ups and other exercises that I cant do. This allows me to continue the workout and see results IN ADDITION to strengthening my body to hopefully be able to complete the workouts with little to no problem or modification.

As far as bodyrock goes, it seems like a very effective program and I would imagine anyone would be able to see results as well. I am not sure if there is already a group created for people doing bodyrock, but if not this is something we could create and use to support and motivate one another!!!!
  • FistToTheFace
    FistToTheFace Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I looooooove Bodyrock.tv! I deff had to work my way up to a lot of the moves, so in the beginning I modified almost everything. It really doesn't take long to be able to do the moves though. I do not own any of the equipment and got an app on my droid for a timer. I usually do 2 of their workouts a day but sometimes 1 totally kciks my butt. Good luck!!
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options

I have yet to try any of the bodyrock videos - I got wicked confused when I looked at the site myself, and thought I would go back to it when I complete Insanity.
    As far as the intimidation factor, don't let that prevent you from trying your best at whatever type of workout you want to do. What I like about Insanity (and this can probably be applied to p90x as well) is that although it is fast paced and difficult at time, it is an at home workout program that you can tailor to your needs and abilities. I am into month 2 and am still modifying push-ups and other exercises that I cant do. This allows me to continue the workout and see results IN ADDITION to strengthening my body to hopefully be able to complete the workouts with little to no problem or modification.

As far as bodyrock goes, it seems like a very effective program and I would imagine anyone would be able to see results as well. I am not sure if there is already a group created for people doing bodyrock, but if not this is something we could create and use to support and motivate one another!!!!

I started a group but it never got off the ground! Would LOVE to start it and have people participating!!!
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/5807-bodyrock-rockstars
  • WEB3
    WEB3 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I tried to get into that site but the girl that is on there now looks sick. She is way to thin and looks very unhealthy.
    She looks like an anorexic with a boob job...
    When Zuzana was on it, it was better. She looked fit and I was more apt to take her seriously.
  • sozzell
    Options
    I would love it if we could get a group running where we can start the challenge together (maybe the May one).

I am still totally confused about how many and what to do on what days... :-S

P.S. I already have one of those gymboss timers from when I was doing intervals with running but I wouldn't be buying the other equipment, it's way too expensive.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options

you can modify, and they encourage it

something really important to note. when the previous host, zuzana, was doing it, she ONLY did the one bodyrock workout a day. she didn't run for hours at the gym. didn't bike for hours. didn't eliptical.

it shows the power of strength training! and eating healthy
  • catshark209
    catshark209 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I tried to get into that site but the girl that is on there now looks sick. She is way to thin and looks very unhealthy.
    She looks like an anorexic with a boob job...
    When Zuzana was on it, it was better. She looked fit and I was more apt to take her seriously.

Lisa's just lean. She's not everyone's cup of tea but she's good. I'm as thin as she is and I eat 2400-2600 calories a day. Some of us just work like that. It really sucks too cuz if I miss a meal..the scale drops and I turn into the walking dead.

I know its hard to get used to new trainers on there. One tends to get very attached to the BR peeps! I cried when Zuz left.
  • laurcampbell
    laurcampbell Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I love this post and all the comments / suggestions - I recently started Bodyrocking - I have seen others with great success and am really excited to see my own results after putting in some hard work. I am very glad though to see it wasnt just me who was crazy confused - I follow them on facebook now and try to do the daily workouts, just getting on schedule this week and will do my first progress report / check at the end of July, if there is a group started I am so in!!
    Best to all you bodyrockers!!