BACK FAT! Arrghhhh

Options
It just won't go!!! -.- I've only been on here for just over 2 weeks.
I have been eating slightly under or on my calorie goal and doing about 40-60 minutes of exercise and the 30 say shred everyday.
I am an apple shape (arrrggggghhh! Ewww.) And I just have loads of stomach and back fat that won't shift!
My legs are muscley/toned, my arms are average but my stomach and back are just so fat!
How can I.get rid of this and anyone have the same problem?

Feel free to add me :)

Replies

• creature275
    creature275 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    sorry but it is not possible to spot reduce fat, just keep at it
  • higgins1988
    Options
    oh em gee same here! I have been excercising 4-5 times a week since january and STILL the back fat remains :( oh well it will go eventually i'm sure....
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Lose overall body and it will go away. My back is the worst place for me for fat. I have a full six pack etc but can have a fat back LOL
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Lose overall body and it will go away. My back is the worst place for me for fat. I have a full six pack etc but can have a fat back LOL

Dammit, I had decided the only way to get rid of my backfat was to get superbuff. Now you tell me it may not even happen then?!

.... I honestly wouldn't worry about backfat at 2 weeks, though. Fat back totally requires more effort than 2 weeks!
  • thingal12
    thingal12 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    back fat takes time before it starts to go away.. a woman loses weight from 'top to bottom', so keep doing what your doing and it'll go away before you know it!
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I just posted my "success" story about my back fat!!! My profile pic is my back fat story...LOL

I would give it more than 2 weeks for sure...the only difference between pic 1 and pic 2 is 2lbs and doing slim n 6 for 21 days :)

Good luck!
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Give it time...all good things will come, but you must keep putting in the work and not freak out that your body hasn't changed in 2 weeks. It took me 4 months to start seeing my body changing.

don't
    quit
    2143661 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I just posted my "success" story about my back fat!!! My profile pic is my back fat story...LOL

I would give it more than 2 weeks for sure...the only difference between pic 1 and pic 2 is 2lbs and doing slim n 6 for 21 days :)

Good luck!

proof that it's more than just about the lbs! way to go!
  • HollyRutledge
    HollyRutledge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    A buttload of Cardio!!!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I am hoping mine goes down more soon. I have some back fat left and it has gone down quite a bit but still enough to annoy me.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    The reality is that back fat is stubborn.
    Stubborn fat is last to go.
  • jtjunkie
    jtjunkie Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I've been at it for 8 weeks. Walking, swimming & some strength training. It is slowly helping me lose both the muffin top and back fat. Keep it up, it'll happen.
  • tobnrn
    tobnrn Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit - less fat. We cant tell our bodys where to take it.
  • guiltypleasure00
    Options
    Unfortunately if you're an apple shape that's probably one of the last places you'll lose fat. I'm a pear and even though I've lost about 14kgs (31pounds) so far I still have wobbly thighs and bum! Don't worry though, just keep going. Even though I'm still working on it I have noticed a big difference in my problem areas, and I'm sure it'll be the same for you. :)

It's not good to rush yourself or make unrealistic goals like losing your back fat in 2 weeks. It just ends in disappointment. Take your measurements so you can track your progress and don't be so hard on yourself! :)
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I've been pretty lucky--I think that's where most of the weight I've lost is from. Then again, I don't really seem to be losing in other places. I've lost 22 pounds now, and none of it from my waist. I guess I am probably losing muscle mass, but--I don't have muscle mass! I am one of those people who can lose 30 pounds and besides my face slimming down, look exactly the same. Very frustrating, because even at my lowest weight (165ish) I felt fat--I have a goal of 155, but we'll see I guess. My body type isn't really the kind I want, but I will just have to accept it. I always imagined myself slim and waifish, but I suppose I am build to be a kind of muscle guy, because of my huge ribcage. Whatevs.
  • TinkrBelz
    TinkrBelz Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I have not looked at your diary, but you may need to cut carbs. I was eating right and doing cardio, but that tummy fat and back fat did not go until I lowered carbs. I did not think I had back fat, but I lost 2 inches off of my bra band! So, I guess i did have some fat back there!
  • IcassI
    IcassI Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I have it too and its really frustrating. I have lost 31 lbs since January and its still there. In fact I'm at my goal weight, and the back fat is still there. Clearly this is my problem area. I have started a strength training program and I hope that will help.
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    don't
    quit

I love tthat you high lighted Do It :)

and thank you!
  • JonathonMars
    JonathonMars Posts: 358 Member
    Options

I just invented a game called "Find Matt_Wild's Backfat" but I keep losing.
  • Meg_78
    Meg_78 Posts: 998 Member
    Options
    Grrr hate the back and tummy fat, its so hard to shift. I'm too skinny everywhere else, so it makes it hard to lose with out getting severely under weight, but my recent bulking, didn't help the those areas at all!