Any Wheelchair users here?

Options
I am a long term wheelchair user (due to MS) and am here to try and lose the belly fat that has accumulated over the years. This may be a vain hope as I am sure to lose weight in some other part as I can't exercise the abdominal muscles due to paralysis of that area. I may start to lose weigh, but we shall have to see where.

Meanwhile, anyone else here with the same sort of problems?

Replies

• mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi I am not in the chair now but my left wrist/hand/fingers & ankle/toes are paralyzed from a stroke almost three years ago. I can walk 2 or 3 blocks at a time with a cane. It is challenging losing weight by calorie cutting alone but so far I have lostr over 30 pounds since January. so it can be done. I can't do seated exercise but many people with mobility issues can. You may want to try that. Best of luck!
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Not in a wheelchair but have the MS! Trying to keep myself well enough to avoid the chair & make life easier with less weight. Not very mobile at present as the MS is having fun for the last 2 months but I do what I can........
    All the best in your journey!
  • cjkrings
    cjkrings Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been in a wheelchair for 16 years. I use a power chair. I have a belly I would like to lose :) I have been doing Stronger Seniors chair exercise and watching my calories. I "fall off the wagon" a lot though. I will ead these posts (I just discovered) for motivation.