Anyone friends with Bill W.????

Options
I have been a recovering alcoholic for almost 9 yrs now. I took my last drink on 10-21-03. When I got sober I started using food as my addiction. This week I have been fighting with myself. I have had dreams the last few nights that I started drinking again. SO when I finally pulled myself out of bed, I did not want to go exercise either. I have been in a major funk all week. I think its because I have seen no movement in my weight for 2 mths. I have lost some inches with exercise. Some of my clothes are fitting better, but in MY mind it is not hapening as fast as I want it to. The only meetings that are in my area are when I am working. I really need to get out of this funk and get my head on straight again. Im just looking for some encouragement from friends that understand. Than you and God bless.

Replies

• bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I am not sure who Bill W. is but I will be keeping you in my prayers and thoughts. I grew up with an alcoholic mom and then I married one so I can kind of relate to what you are going through. If you don't have any meeting close to you then try to find someone else who is also recovered or someone you are close to that you can go to. If you can't then please feel free to message me or any one of us on here. We are all here for you. You can do this!!!

I am obsessed with the scale too and am finally realizing that I am losing whether it says so or not. My daughter saw this on Pintrest and she painted it on our scale...."You are more important than this number"!! Please remember this. I know how hard you have worked....shoot we all have worked hard and been right where you are. I would not be dwelling on your dreams and if they continue I would suggest you find a minister, counselor or someone to talk to and help you get through this. I am always here for you but I am not a professional.

HUGS!!!
    God bless you my dear friend!!!
    Bev
  • sandiburn
    sandiburn Posts: 149
    Options
    bump