Fiber Intake

Sherry79
Sherry79 Posts: 74
edited September 20 in Health and Weight Loss
I always end up having more fiber than what my Food Diary on here says I should get. I have always been under the impression that the more fiber the better. And I also did Weight Watchers a few years back and they recommended at least 25 grams a day where my Food Diary is recommending only 15 grams. So is it okay for me to go over my daily limit on the fiber since it is a good thing? Thanks in advance for your help:smile:

Replies

• rsalgado
    rsalgado Posts: 163 Member
    I've always been told that fiber was GREAT for you. I would say go for it!
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    recommended fiber intake is 25-30 grams a day :)
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Fiber is really good for you. Hundreds of years ago, we were taking in 10 times the amount the government says you should have now. Processed foods have all the fiber taken out.. Eat fresh, that's the best fiber for you.
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    As long as you are not feeling any intestinal discomfort, then yes, more fiber is better.
  • klaflamme
    klaflamme Posts: 109 Member
    I edited mine and made it 30 - fiber is good for you.
  • TKelly06
    TKelly06 Posts: 225 Member
    I also edited mine and made it 30. 25-30 is reccommended but as long as you keep around the same amount every day you shouldn't have any problems.
  • Sherry79
    Sherry79 Posts: 74
    Thanks everyone! I hadn't checked out the "custom edit" tool so I didn't realize I could change my individual goal!! I just went in and changed mine too so I now know what I am really working with. Thanks again!!:flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.