Other Recipes for Protein Powders

Options
mstaser
mstaser Posts: 657 Member
I made up a shake last night after a work out and realized I was pretty low on my daily intake for the day. Since I already had this shake made up I wondered what I could do with it. So I poured a bowl of cereal and used the shake on it instead of milk. It was actually VERY good. I got to thinking about what else this stuff could be used for.

Has anyone used the powder or shakes for any kind of meal or snack recipes?

Replies

• tlamarch
    tlamarch Posts: 105
    Options
    I do all kinda of stuff with my whey, you can do overnight oatmeal, you can make ice cream super yummy .........sooo many great recieps
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options
    Someone shared a cool recipe yesterday that she found on bodybuilding.com: Two egg whites and half a scoop of vanilla protein powder. Whip till smooth. Pour into small non-stick skillet and cook. It's a low-cal crepe and you can put whatever you want in it before folding the crepe and enjoy.
  • Princess_Sameen
    Princess_Sameen Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Interesting..bumping for later
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Protein Fluff, simply amazing

http://www.catalyst4fitness.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=88:homemade-protein-bar-and-cake-recipes&catid=5:recipes&Itemid=14

Lots of sweet treats there.

Freeze NF Greek yoghourt mixed with berries and powder for a great iced treat
  • mstaser
    Options
    Those crepes sound great.

I looked at that link douglasmobbs posted and these recipes sound quick and easy. I will try them

Quick and Easy Brownie

2 scoops casein protein powder
    1 teaspoon Stevia
    water for consistency

Mix all into consistency of pudding, adding water slowly. Eat as is or microwave until it is cooked like a cake. Start with 30 seconds, check it, and keep adding 15 seconds until it is "cake like". It will puff up and then drop.

Protein Cake

2 scoops casein protein powder
    ½ - 1 cup oats
    2 egg beaters
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    2 teaspoons Stevia or to taste
    2 teaspoons salt
    cinnamon to taste
    about 1 cup water (enough to give it a cake batter consistency)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine all ingredients, mix well, and pour into greased loaf pan. Bake 15 - 25 minutes, checking after 15 minutes.
  • steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    dashingdish.com has several recipes that use protein powder. I put some in my oatmeal this morning and have also used it in my coffee.
  • CrystaLight74
    Options
    I haven't acquired a taste for the stuff, but this thread should help. Thanks for posting!
  • mstaser
    Options
    I haven't acquired a taste for the stuff, but this thread should help. Thanks for posting!

Taste of these powders has always been a problem. But they are getting better. The stuff I get now from Complete Nutrition is actually very good. I have several half used containers in my pantry of stuff that I just couldn't stomach anymore.
  • MoveTheMountain
    Options
    Bumper
  • Gatorjrm
    Gatorjrm Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I like to make a protein pancake-

2 egg whites
    1/3 cup wheat bran cereal
    1/3 cup rolled oats
    3/4 scoop protein powder
    a few tbsp of almond milk/soy milk/milk to bind everything together
    cinnamin

Mix up and cook like a pancake. I top mine with natural peanut butter and banana. YUM!
  • deenie169
    deenie169 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This is a great high-protein bar that I found in a Hy-Vee (grocery store) magazine a few months ago. It's a great replacement for the processed food bars that I have bought in the past during training season. It's much cheaper and one batch makes 16 bars (enough for a week or so for DH and myself.)
    http://www.hy-vee.com/seasons/recipe.aspx?r=6635

I should point out (based on some of the mean/ judging comments about what other people eat/ make) I don't really want comments on the amount of sugar in this.:wink:
    Let's take what we can use and leave the rest.

If you avoid sugar for whatever reasons, that's great, feel free to omit/ change/ ignore the recipe I like it because it gives me what seems to be a good recovery food in a very small package. It also has Milled Flaxseed, which has Omega 3s and fiber..very helpful to my overall health.
  • deenie169
    deenie169 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    This Protein Pancake looks great!
  • wareagle8706
    wareagle8706 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Chocolote Protein powder for chocolate chip pancakes!

Just use a couple scoops of the protein powder in place of the same amount of bisquick or whatever you use. Then add chocolate chips, in moderation, of course... :smile:
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I have been adding a scoop of chocolate protein powder to a cup of coffee lately and then shake it well in a container to mix it in. Makes for a nice coffee drink. No milk or sweetener needed. I also enjoy vanilla protein powder mixed into my oatmeal.

Going to try the pancake one this weekend, sounds good.
  • kellyallday
    kellyallday Posts: 137 Member
    Options

2 egg whites
    1/3 cup rolled oats
    3/4 scoop protein powder
    cinnamin

Mix up and cook like a pancake. I top mine with natural peanut butter and banana. YUM!

Sounds yummy... bump!
  • reegordon
    reegordon Posts: 97 Member
    Options

2 egg whites
    1/3 cup rolled oats
    3/4 scoop protein powder
    cinnamin

Thanks! I've been looking for a pancake and/or waffle recipe I could make myself. Can't wait to try it!
  • jennieodwyer
    jennieodwyer Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • amortize20
    amortize20 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    bump
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later!

Someone shared this link that I've looked at before from livestrong too! >>>
    http://www.livestrong.com/slideshow/556857-20-delicious-protein-powder-recipes-that-are-not-shakes/#slide-1