Skinny *****?

Options
2»

Replies

• Tasha1476
    Tasha1476 Posts: 220
    Options
    I'd like to think I'm one of the few people who a) grew up on a farm, and b) is a fairly staunch vegetarian.

I don't like the book. They raise some good points, but their constant bashing of agribusiness is ill-informed to say the least. Yes, there are very evil corporate farms out there, however most farmers are mom and pop operations that struggle to get by. They can't afford to abuse their livestock because they have to keep them in top shape so they can be shown at fairs to bring in a trickle of secondary income. Small farmers must make money off of every single thing in their farm, they don't have the 'luxury' of being able to abuse and neglect livestock.

Any good things they talk about get shadowed by their marketing hype and offensive language. And if you think they have your good health in mind - why are there about 10 different "Skinny (INSERT WORD HERE)" books on market? Sounds more like they just wanted to hook people and get them to start buying their books than actually get across decent information.

That makes a lot of sense. Thanks.
    I think I have decided to try vegetarian, but I am not going to follow their guidelines.