Replies

• Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I always save the best creepers for elevators....:devil:
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I will agree with the lactose intolerance- I've drunk milk my entire life with no effect, or so I thought. Once I switched to almond milk (which has more vitamin D btw) my chronic sniffles and growling tummy disappeared. I've also switched over to whole grains and eased up to 25-30 grams of fiber daily and I rarely pass wind now. Its not that hard to get the fiber in; my breakfast has 18 grams: half a cup of oatmeal, a table spoon each of chia seeds and cinnamon, and an ounce of ground flax cooked in 1.25 cups of water. Then between salads and veggies its easy to get the rest of the fiber in for the day.
  • HunterKiller_wechange
    HunterKiller_wechange Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    lol sounds like what my my protein powder does to me. Not very nice. Bad enough to singe the hairs off from inside your nose. I should come with biohazard sign stuck on my *kitten*! :)
  • LilMissElla
    Options
    As mentioned earlier I find that peppermint tea does wonders for your gut and it will also help relieve any pain.

For wind, I suggest drinking 3-4 mugs of fennel tea (it really works!) and cutting down on legumes, sweeteners and chewing gum. (You swallow a lot of wind when you eat these) Broccoli and cauliflower also promote wind but they're good for you so only cut down on those if you really don't want wind that day.
  • jenschnack
    jenschnack Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Avoid drinking for a straw. I started drinking water with a straw cup and couldn't figure out why by the afternoon I was feeling like I was going to explode. No more straws and I am fine.
  • Flab2fitfi
    Flab2fitfi Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I have coeliacs and also a milk intolerance and it would cause the same problem.

Peppermint tea is great but also try fennel tea as that can work very well. Charcoal biscuits from health food shops can also help absorb some of the gas.

I can understand the problems it causes - even my husband will leave the room is its terrible bad - usually blame it on the toddler or the dog.
  • LilMissElla
    Options
    Oh, and for stomach gurgling I highly recommend that you start taking peppermint capsules, which are completely natural, or if you suffer from acid reflux consult your GP about taking antispasmodics like mebeverine :) I recently started taking peppermint capsules and they're a life saver, and they have next to none side effects. My stomach used to gurgle all the time and I was sooo self conscious about it but now it doesn't gurgle nearly at all!
  • Biggipooh
    Biggipooh Posts: 350
    Options
    Have you tried drinking peppermint tea? It does wonders for me after eating peppers or onions. Just get a box of decaf peppermint tea and brew it up.

I love peppermint tea!!!! and it does a great job with the windy situation too :)

Peppermint tea ist great, also Fennel tea.
  • dawnmarie57
    dawnmarie57 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I was miserable awhile back and discovered it was Vitamuffin Vitatops I was eating daily. It has chicory root/inulin which can cause gas and bloating.
  • Squashypig
    Squashypig Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all your replies, comments and advice. I bought some peppermint tea and have had 2 or 3 cups - so far all is quiet and content, so fingers crossed! :wink: :drinker:
  • KiloIndiaMike
    Options
    I've added so much lately to my diet .... Increased fruit, protein powder, increased veggies and misc smoothies. I feel absolutely fantastic with the exception of the bloating and gas! I'm pretty gassy... But the bloating makes me feel like I've eaten a steak and potato. (Yuk) I'm going to try the peppermint tea as well. Thanks all!