The grind....

Options
BenBz
BenBz Posts: 46 Member
Ben 2.0 has been battling against the old version of me for about 19 months now... I've had tremendous success with weight loss, learning a new eating syle (for the most part ;-) and becoming way more physically fit. But now I find myself sometimes just feeling mentally exhausted. My feelings are also ramped up because I'm so close to my goal weight and these last few lbs. are truly being the stubbornest!

For the better part of the last 19 months, I find myself thinking, talking, and worrying about what I eat, how it will impact my weight and if I'm excersicing enough - almost all the time. Quite frankly, I'm tired of thinking and talking about it. I'm also afraid that the people in my life are tired of it too....

How or when does my new lifestyle just take over and become second nature? I'm petrified that if I don't remain vigil in watching what I eat that I'll gain weight back. It's happened to too many before me.

If you've felt this way, what have you done to get over the hump?

Thanks in advance.
Ben

Replies

• amandab1669
    amandab1669 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I don't completley know what you are going through but the best I can say is to try not to obsess about it. You already lost a great amount of weight. You just have to be patient and continue eating healthy and exercising and before you know it the lbs will melt away. My life style change has finally become second nature and I find myself thinking about fitness a lot. I just try to not let it consume my life. I do my best to stay on track and not be too hard on myself if I fall off a little because we are all human and make mistakes. You can do it. Look at the great progress you already made :drinker: YOU CAN DO IT !!!!!!
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    I mainly just quit talking about it, I am sure people are tired of hearing about it. I have friends who are trying to lose weight and I help them when they ask. I sign up for events that, because I want to do my best, force me to stay in shape. People make fun of me for still weighing my food but I don't mind. I haven't quite got to the point where I feel comfortable just eating what I want without logging so I log. I don't stress about the days I am over. So basically I am still working on it.
  • GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    just keep thinking of all the hard work you've put in so far. You've come too far to let it get out of hand again. That said, you and I are big enough that our weight will probably fluctuate +-5-7 lbs on maintenance. As long as you just keep an eye on it and don't let it get out of hand, I think that is ok and very "livable" without obsessing.
  • DieselGrrl
    DieselGrrl Posts: 55
    Options
    I understand exactly what you are talking about. I did really well for a few months and lost 26 pounds. Unfortunately, I let the obsession get to me and every mistake i made turned into an excuse to mess up even more. I am very recently on the other side of my hiatus and so happy to be back at it. However, I feel like I have to start over completely. In the 2 month break, i gained back 11 pounds and exercises that were getting easier for me, are now a struggle again. I said all of that just to say this: It's easier to keep going than to have to start back over. Congrats on your weight loss and don't be so hard on yourself. Remember that this is a lifestyle change and you've got to be happy with the changes you make in order to make it a long term commitment. Hope this helps and good luck! :happy: