needing to get back on track

Options
I became a member Jan 2012, with a goal for a trip I took in March. I was pleased with my progress of losing 15lbs in the 2 months, but since returning, have not only gained it back, but then an extra 5lbs. I am really disappointed with myself, both mentally and physically. But i am lacking any kind of motivation to lose again, other than not liking how i look/feel. Almost as if I just enjoy life too much to eliminate things I know will help me lose (alcohol included).
Any suggestions?

Replies

• mindidily
    mindidily Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I don't eliminate, I just moderate. There are certain things that, even though they are junk food, I just don't want to give up. I had a slice of pizza for lunch yesterday even. I just eat healthy most of the time and stick to the calorie goals that the site gave me. And chug more water after. Maybe take the dog for an extra walk.
  • SWink06
    SWink06 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    This has to be a lifestyle, so you have to make changes you know you can live with long-term. For example, I LOVE chocolate. I know I wouldn't stick to a "diet" that eliminated chocolate. So I have it twice a week and budget my calories for it. It tastes extra yummy because I am eating it in moderation and I really look forward to the days I can have it. I know that's something I can stick with long-term.

I also agree with drinking extra water and exercising on the days you want to indulge. Give yourself permission to have the things you enjoy -- in moderation -- but just work out a plan so you can do it in a way that will both work for you long-term AND help you reach your goals.