A minor victory - resistance is not futile!

Options
Friday, Saturday and Sunday all saw french fries on the family menu. I :heart: :heart: :heart: French Fries and fined them hard to resist. The old me would NEVER leave a french fry on any of the family's plates :embarassed:

However, this weekend I had 5 french fries on each of the days and no more! I even dumped some - which is unheard of! Major break through for me. I would like to play a request for my new found will power. A big hello and welcome and I hope you are here to stay forever!

Of course, if this was a school report it would say "could do better". Really we, as a family, shouldn't have had french fries three nights in a week, let alone three in a row! :embarassed: Also, I have to look at resisting the dreaded fry altogether.

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Friday, Saturday and Sunday all saw french fries on the family menu. I :heart: :heart: :heart: French Fries and fined them hard to resist. The old me would NEVER leave a french fry on any of the family's plates :embarassed:

However, this weekend I had 5 french fries on each of the days and no more! I even dumped some - which is unheard of! Major break through for me. I would like to play a request for my new found will power. A big hello and welcome and I hope you are here to stay forever!

Of course, if this was a school report it would say "could do better". Really we, as a family, shouldn't have had french fries three nights in a week, let alone three in a row! :embarassed: Also, I have to look at resisting the dreaded fry altogether.

One of the main reasons why MFP has worked soooo well for me is that I've learned that occasionally I CAN have those "goodies" that are out there. :smile: Whenever I used to hear the word "diet", I would right away also think the word "deprived". :sad: Since coming here though, I discovered that I'm NOT deprived! :noway: I CAN have stuff that I love every now and then! :love: I just need to work it off through exercise and also being aware of my numbers. So it's OK to indulge once in awhile, don't go giving up those French fries! :wink: :smile:
  • kimberjones
    Options
    I agree with Bren.

My husband and I went out for dinner this weekend (it's been sooooooooo long since we've been out - usually just can't spare the $) and I enjoyed it immensely. I put half of my meal in a box and slowly enjoyed the other half. I had the 2nd part on Sunday, after church, for lunch - well most of it. My husband got some of it because the piece of meat was too big :happy: . Although the ribs that I had from Chili's :tongue: wouldn't have been on a 'normal' 'diet' regime, it's something you can do once in a while because otherwise meals become stagnat. I mean really - WHO can live off of lettuce and pine nuts?? Enjoy your life and the food that you have been blessed with but just, like everything else, enjoy it in moderation. Although 1 brownie an hour isn't a good idea, one brownie every couple of days or week may be the one thing that helps you stay encouraged and helps you continue on the path to weight loss. After all...God created chocolate so it can't be bad!!! :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!