Replies

• going2befit4ever
    going2befit4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i'm doing both and i'm having some success so am happy
  • eig6
    eig6 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I've been running for a few months now, I did a not so strict c25k. I started at week 5 because I knew I could run that far thanks to my PT. I have to admit, I don't know if I saw much results with that alone. I did see it when combined with other interval training programs/ weight lifting like when I was with my PT, or 30 day shred. Also, losing inches is better than losing pounds. I have only lost 5 pounds since I started dieting back in February but my waist has gone from 29 to 26. I'd say that is better than still having a 29 inch waist but having lost 10 pounds. When you're losing inches you're losing fat. The scale staying the same could mean you are replacing it with muscle, retaining water, or you could even just need to use the bathroom! Inches are a better tool for measuring your success.
  • Kris1997
    Kris1997 Posts: 241
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. I like the inches gone and yes I am focused on the scale too. I felt soooo good this morning, after doing week 1 day 1, that I will defiantly stick to this and keep it up. I'm not training for a 5k or any other race. I want to feel better, look better and have some confidence back. My stamina is non existent and so is my energy. For some the scale my not seem important but it all matters to me. I NEVER ever wanted to exercise much less RUN. But now I think I want to be healthier all around and know that as I get older I can semi-control how my body ages. I don't want to be "skinny fat" i want to be toned and smaller then a size 14!
    My goals are to increase energy, stamina
    Be around 130-140
    and about a size 8 ish lol
    BTW I am 5'7"

If anyone wants to add me as a friend please feel free!
  • kitka82
    kitka82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    To answer your question, YES Couch to 5K helped me lose weight. I started off with the 30DS and it helped me out. Paired with portion control and calorie counting, I lost 1 pound a week steadily for weeks. When I finished the Shred, I started C25K and lost steadily (again, paired with portion control and calorie counting). I added the 30 Day Slimdown (incorporating 30DS, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism, and No More Trouble Zones) and lost a ton of inches and weight.

Yes, diet is key, but when you are just starting out, it doesn't have to be complicated. I lost 54 pounds over the course of a year and kept it off just by making gradual changes and maintaining consistency. First I exercised every other day, and I eventually worked my way up to 5-6 days a week, incorporating cardio and strength training. At first I was still eating processed food, just less of it and more fruits and vegetables. Now, I am eating 5-6 clean meals a day, mostly lean protein and veggies.

The KEY is to stay consistent and keep yourself challenged. Change things up every once in a while. The closer you get to your goal, the harder you have to work.

I loved C25K and I am now training for a 10K. Good luck!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    There's absolutely no reason you have to choose one over the other. Keeping things "mixed up" is the key to making it interesting and keeping yourself motivated at this whole thing!

Try the C25K...its a great plan to get into running, and you will lose weight if you're running and eating right.
  • Kris1997
    Kris1997 Posts: 241
    Options
    I'm running, the eating part is a work in progress.............lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!