Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Bridesmaid in 60 Days

Question: I have been using MFP for awhile now off and on but really started getting serious about it a few months ago. I have lost around 15 lbs and have really been doing well with making healthier choices/exercising. The bad news, I am in my best friend's wedding in exactly 60 days. The bridesmaid dress FINALLY came in the other day and it is about 3 inches from being able to zip :( I don't know why they run so small but i even sent my measurements in and i am smaller than when i sent it in to be made! I am freaking out because, even if there was time to rush order a new one (which i DOUBT), I don't have $450 to do so. So my question is (I understand this has many variables, just want to know if its realistic), if i stick with my plan and exercise 4-5x a week, can i realistically lose about 15-25 lbs and some significant inches off my bust, ribs and waist? I have been doing the c25k, mild strength training and Jilian Michaels Biggest Winner (for when I can't make it to the gym). Any other suggestions? I am not looking for a crash diet but I NEED TO FIT INTO THIS DRESS!!! Help!

Thanks in advance for any opinions/advice.

Replies

• senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member
    You didn't try it on first??? I am a bridesmaid in a wedding in September - is it wrong that I hope mine is WAY to big by then??

First - I suggest you go see a tailor. They may be able to help you with letting it out a little without the cost of a new dress. Second, work your butt (and back!) off and between the two you will look great!! Good luck!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    i think a low carb lifestyle would help you drop the weight the easiest/safest/fastest
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    You didn't try it on first??? I am a bridesmaid in a wedding in September - is it wrong that I hope mine is WAY to big by then??

First - I suggest you go see a tailor. They may be able to help you with letting it out a little without the cost of a new dress. Second, work your butt (and back!) off and between the two you will look great!! Good luck!

Unfortunately, the bride is in Chicago and the dresses she wanted were only from that shop and had to be specially ordered (hence, $450 for a damn dress!) so I just had to send my measurements in!
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Ya Kylee... I would do low carb which will help the bloat/retention a bit. I would still see a tailor like others have said to see if you can get it let out a bit..

Where is the zipper gap? At the hips? Waist? There are always cinchers you can get that are uncomfortable as hell but will help too. Check out Zulilly.. they sometimes have shapewear sales on there.
  • senyosmom
    senyosmom Posts: 613 Member

Unfortunately, the bride is in Chicago and the dresses she wanted were only from that shop and had to be specially ordered (hence, $450 for a damn dress!) so I just had to send my measurements in!

The things we do for friends/family!! Good luck - Im sure you will work it all out and look great on the wedding day! See a good tailor before figuring how much you really need to lose in that time frame - a tailor may be able to work some tailor magic and help you out!
  • kylee_marie
    kylee_marie Posts: 299 Member
    It zips up the side and it stops about half way up my ribs :(
    I will be calling tailors today! Low carb might be the way to go, i lost quite a bit before doing it, the problem is i never stuck with it bc i have an insane love of bread. but drastic times.....
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    It zips up the side and it stops about half way up my ribs :(
    I will be calling tailors today! Low carb might be the way to go, i lost quite a bit before doing it, the problem is i never stuck with it bc i have an insane love of bread. but drastic times.....
    I do as well. I have recipies for almond flour bread that I can share, if you want to try it. I havent got to try it yet so I cant fully vouch for it.. but I like the almond flour I have used in other stuff :)
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    What about juicing fruits and vegetables for 2 meals a day and eating one light meal a day until then?

I agree also talk to a seamstress about having it let out... Also try the seaweed body wraps... there is also good old spanx.
  • kls13la
    kls13la Posts: 377 Member
    Were the measurements you sent correct? How do they compare to the measurements of the dress? Did the shop make an error? If you are smaller now than when you took the measurements you sent in, the dress should not be this small on you.
  • robhigareda
    robhigareda Posts: 47 Member
    If you need quick weight loss, try Paleo. It's a big change in your eating but helps to drop some serious weight when you start on it. I've had friends loose 10-15lbs in the first month of switching to a pure paleo diet. But mostly low carb and a lot of exercise will be in order to reach your goal. Good luck!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    I am freaking out because, even if there was time to rush order a new one (which i DOUBT), I don't have $450 to do so.
    If you sent them correct measurements and they made the dress too small, it's not your responsibility to pay for a new one. They made a mistake.
  • oh that's terrible - that's why I'm having my bridesmaid dresses handmade by a lady in my city....that crap in the stores always comes too small, too big, or in a different color! Terrible stuff. I know it's drastic, but how about a cleanse a couple weeks before the wedding? I've never done one and I don't think it's a safe weight loss option but just for a couple weeks it might be ok?? Ugh that sucks though dude - I feel for you!
  • keisha601
    keisha601 Posts: 16
    I was a bridemaid in a wedding a year ago I could actually fit the dress when I tried it on, but a couple months later I gained weight.... I took the dress to a seamstress and she let the dress out for me and it worked.
  • zerbe6982
    zerbe6982 Posts: 68
    If you aren't wearing one already, would a bustier help? I know when I put one on it helped "rearrange" some of my fat into my hips instead of my back and waist area.

I went to a fantastic undergarment shop and the salesperson was a huge help in this area.
  • lrd2010
    lrd2010 Posts: 161 Member
    Were the measurements you sent correct? How do they compare to the measurements of the dress? Did the shop make an error? If you are smaller now than when you took the measurements you sent in, the dress should not be this small on you.

I'm inclined to agree with this, do you still have the measurements that you sent them? Get the tape measure out and see if there's an error with the dress, cause 3 inches shy of doing up sounds like a hell of a lot! If it's their fault then you'd be entitled to a rush replacement!
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    If you sent your measurements and it doesn't fit, either they gave you the wrong dress or they screwed up. So, they need to rectify the situation at no cost to you because it was not your fault.

However, with dresses like that, often they leave a little extra material to let it out if needed. My advice is to keep eating healthy and exercising and try to get it altered in a month or so.
  • yspen42
    yspen42 Posts: 285 Member
    If you keep doing the things that you are doing, you will fit in that dress. The undergarments will work wonders but they can be VERY uncomfortable especially since you have to wear that dress for alot of hours.

I started the C25K yesterday and I am hoping for big results.

Keep it moving and you will get into that dress.

Send Pictures
  • NamibianRose
    NamibianRose Posts: 151 Member
    I would recommend some sort of strength training regime, you might not hit your desired pounds loss, but you'll lose inches for sure. Try to lower your carb, as others mentioned, I've heard awesome results with Paleo. I am doing JM 30 Day shred and am seeing results in my body shape but not the scale.

Good luck, I definitely think it is possible if you are diligent.

ETA: Please keep us updated :)
  • br2012
    br2012 Posts: 52 Member
    ugh. the dreaded bridesmaids dress.Two weeks of South Beach Phase 1 always good for a temporary loss of 5-15 lbs. after that, up your protein and eat 5-6 small meals per day with honest to God real complex carbs and you'll find you wont be as hungry. My friend did beachbody reset and lost 17 lbs in 3 weeks. The reset is expensive and takes a while to get via mail though. It's basically a vegan cleanse. perhaps you could google around if you are into going vegan.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    http://healthysexyhappy.tumblr.com/moveyourassnow

Theres a link to the Insanity workouts in there