The Movers & Shakers - Week 6

Options
Good Morning Everyone and welcome to week 6!

I hope everyone enjoyed last week's challenge. It is great for us to share and try new recipes :smile:

So, this week is a fitness challenge. Anyone have any ideas?

Replies

• sjmay
    sjmay Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Also, if there is anyone out there that would like to join our group, you are more than welcome. One week we do a fitness challenge and the other week we do a food challenge. Each new challenge starts on Monday.
  • crystalscott0906
    Options
    what about addidng reps/minutes to a work out everyday? like if you do crunches/ push ups ect add 10 more a day each time you work out....day 1 - 10, day 2-20 ect. or if you are doing more cardio add 10/15 minutes each time...
  • Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a really good idea. I can do that. What does everybody else think? :bigsmile:
  • sjmay
    Options
    I think it's a great idea as well, so...

Week 6 Challenge: Add 10-15 minutes onto your cardio exercise time OR add an extra 5-10 reps onto one of your strength training exercises each time that you exercise (for cardio or strength training)

I hope that I worded this so it makes sense. This can be done each time that you exercise. For example, if you do 30 mins of walking 5 times a week, for this week, try to do 40-45 mins. Or, if you do, say, 25 push ups 3 times a week, try to do 30 each time.

*** Do not over exert yourself***
  • SHOSHANA
    Options
    I would like to join your fitness group
  • WINEYINVA
    WINEYINVA Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I think it's a great idea as well, so...

Week 6 Challenge: Add 10-15 minutes onto your cardio exercise time OR add an extra 5-10 reps onto one of your strength training exercises each time that you exercise (for cardio or strength training)

I hope that I worded this so it makes sense. This can be done each time that you exercise. For example, if you do 30 mins of walking 5 times a week, for this week, try to do 40-45 mins. Or, if you do, say, 25 push ups 3 times a week, try to do 30 each time.

*** Do not over exert yourself***

Sounds like a great challenge to me. should have checked this last night, so I could have added reps to all my strength training, oh well. will start today though. :smile:
  • sjmay
    Options
    I would like to join your fitness group

Welcome :smile:
  • Iffer75
    Options
    I will do extra stretching today fo my Couch to 5. It seems like my shins are not liking the jogging. So more Shin stretching for me this week. I try to stretch before I go for my little jog, but I guess I need to take some extra time to stretch, so that will be my goal for the week. :bigsmile:
  • crystalscott0906
    Options
    I will do extra stretching today fo my Couch to 5. It seems like my shins are not liking the jogging. So more Shin stretching for me this week. I try to stretch before I go for my little jog, but I guess I need to take some extra time to stretch, so that will be my goal for the week. :bigsmile:

what do you do to stretch your shins? i have shin pain when i run and i thought it was shin splints and jsut had to deal with it...any advice? id try antyhing at this point lol.
  • Iffer75
    Options

what do you do to stretch your shins? i have shin pain when i run and i thought it was shin splints and jsut had to deal with it...any advice? id try antyhing at this point lol.

If you are doing P90X there is the X Stretch that actually walks you through some shin stretches. Hold on to something for balance and raise your leg about a foot off the ground then proceed to flex your foot then point your foot 8 times. Then rotate your foot clockwise 8 times and rotate counter-clockwise 8 times and repeat on the other leg. I also go into downward dog and do the calf stretches that helps as well. Those are a few that I do. Take your time doing them. I hope this helps. Have a fantastic weekend. :bigsmile:
  • sjmay
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I have such a busy week, and barely any time to make it on here. For the challenge, I have added reps and time to my stretches/strength training. Also, this morning when I went for my jog/walk, I jogged more that I normally would instead of walking. It ended up being quite the little workout for myself :laugh:

Hope everyone is having a great weekend :flowerforyou:
  • soupandsandwich
    soupandsandwich Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I don't know where the week went. I can't believe tomorrow is Sunday already. Needless to say, I didn't take part in this week's challenge. I hope to do better next week.