Just started last week, not feeling motivated

I am 30 years old, I used to weigh 147 and am now around the 200 mark post marriage and two babies. I also have rheumatoid arthritis so excercise is pretty limited for me. I am hoping that watching my calories will help me lose weight. According to my fitness pal I am to eat 1200 a day! Sometimes I feel like I'm starving. I need help. What should I eat, not eat?????

Replies

• supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Don't eat any fast food i.e taco bell, mcdonald's, etc. If you must, just a little bit.

Eat lots of veggies at lunch and dinner...they really add bulk to your stomach so you feel full. Plus they are great for you!

Raw fruit also, 1-3 pieces a day.

Water! Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.

Cut down on white bread products i.e sandwich bread, hamburger buns, hotdog buns, garlic bread, etc.

Cut down on white rice, regular pasta, potatoes.

Watch your portion sizes. If you are overweight chances are you are used to eating very big portion sizes. Learn what a correct portion of any food is.

Protein at every meal. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
  • mconn85
    mconn85 Posts: 6 Member
    Even though your exercise is limited, stretching/yoga would most likely be beneficial. I have a relaxation yoga DVD and it counts as exercise. Plus I feel sooo relaxed afterwards like I just got a massage. The more gentle exercise you can fit in, the more you can eat. Also, go look at the success stories--if those aren't motivation, I don't know what is!
  • takukate
    takukate Posts: 6 Member
    You don't have to eat 1200 calories a day you might try 1400 and you will still lose weight. The biggest thing I found is that when you commit to doing it every day, you get more motivated as you go. Also, I learned that when I don't think about what I'm eating ahead of time, and log the food before I eat it, I go over every day. Eating lots of high fiber foods like vegetables are a great way to feel full and not go over in calories. Also, if you want to eat pasta try to get one that is high fiber, has extra protein, and extra vitamins, that way, one serving is more satisfying. My biggest secret is making sure I get all my vitamins everyday. I do chewable because my tummy can't handle regular ones. Every day I look at the daily nutrition part of MFP and I make sure that no matter what I get all of my vitamins. I challenge myself each day to EAT my vitamins and not have to take anything in the evening. I think when you are getting all your vitamins, your cravings become more under control :) At least these are the things that have worked for me :) I hope at least one of them is helpful to you. YOU CAN DO IT AND YOU ARE WORTH IT!!
  • ElviraCross
    ElviraCross Posts: 331 Member
    feel free to add me, i keep my diary open to friends.
  • Thank you so much for your input. It really means alot. How much weight have you lost?
  • Thank you so much for your input. It really means alot. How much weight have you lost?

]
    You don't have to eat 1200 calories a day you might try 1400 and you will still lose weight. The biggest thing I found is that when you commit to doing it every day, you get more motivated as you go. Also, I learned that when I don't think about what I'm eating ahead of time, and log the food before I eat it, I go over every day. Eating lots of high fiber foods like vegetables are a great way to feel full and not go over in calories. Also, if you want to eat pasta try to get one that is high fiber, has extra protein, and extra vitamins, that way, one serving is more satisfying. My biggest secret is making sure I get all my vitamins everyday. I do chewable because my tummy can't handle regular ones. Every day I look at the daily nutrition part of MFP and I make sure that no matter what I get all of my vitamins. I challenge myself each day to EAT my vitamins and not have to take anything in the evening. I think when you are getting all your vitamins, your cravings become more under control :) At least these are the things that have worked for me :) I hope at least one of them is helpful to you. YOU CAN DO IT AND YOU ARE WORTH IT!!
    [/quote]
  • Nutrition1st
    Nutrition1st Posts: 216 Member
    The calorie calculator is just a guideline. You should add more calories. just make sure they are healthy calories. If you are not feeling full, you should add some negative calorie foods and make sure you are getting plenty of water all throughout the day.