How active am I?

Options
Hey all...I have been using this website for a few months now and I have my settings at sedentary which gives me 1210 calories daily. I workout 6 days a week for at least an hour so I changed it to say 'lightly active' today. It's a difference of about a hundred calories and I'm aware that will add up. I'm scared that my intake will be too high now.

Do you think I should keep it at sedentary or that I'll be ok with moving it up?

For what it's worth, I burn about 500 calories a day and do some lifting but not a huge amount.

Thanks.

Replies

• fhsjewfro
    fhsjewfro Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    the best way to tell is just to simply watch the scale for a 2-3 weeks, if you have gained weight in that time, then reduce your daily intake by 200 cals

be consistent with when you jump on the scale as well, i like to weigh myself in the mornings right after i use the bathroom and before i drink any water/eat anything
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    It depends on your activity level or how active you are outside of your formal workouts. If you find yourself having a physically demanding job or if you do a lot of walking, cleaning or other physical activities aside from your formal workouts then you're not sedentary.