Only Lose 21 lbs in 4 months

Options
2»

Replies

• kaastengels
    Options
    Thank you all. It's really encouraging that I know am on the right path :)

Most people around me hv been supportive with my weight loss journey. But some, though they're still supportive, criticize me alot. They said, "only 10 kilos (21 lbs) in 4 months, that's very slow. A woman at my gym lost 12 kilos (26 lbs) in a month" or "I lost 12 kilos in 2 months, maybe you dont work hard enough" or "Why I haven't seen any difference on your body? do you exercise?"

Plus, weight loss advertising who offer fast result is everywhere. So most people thought that someone who plan to losing wegiht should lose that much just like the ad said.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

Most people around me hv been supportive with my weight loss journey. But some, though they're still supportive, criticize me alot. They said, "only 10 kilos (21 lbs) in 4 months, that's very slow. A woman at my gym lost 12 kilos (26 lbs) in a month" or "I lost 12 kilos in 2 months, maybe you dont work hard enough" or "Why I haven't seen any difference on your body? do you exercise?"

Plus, weight loss advertising who offer fast result is everywhere. So most people thought that someone who plan to losing wegiht should lose that much just like the ad said.

When somebody says something negative, I really feel it is best to politely call them out on it. Something like "I realize you are trying to help me, but discounting my efforts and progress makes we want to stop trying, not try harder." . I find most people really don't realize that they are being negative and stop - those that don't? Well that right there is a quick 150 pound (or so) weight loss.
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options

When somebody says something negative, I really feel it is best to politely call them out on it. Something like "I realize you are trying to help me, but discounting my efforts and progress makes we want to stop trying, not try harder." . I find most people really don't realize that they are being negative and stop - those that don't? Well that right there is a quick 150 pound (or so) weight loss.
    That is a great response to negative comments!!

OP - Don't listen to those people. As you have pointed out, diet products of all kinds promise quick weight loss. But as others on this thread have already said - slow and steady is the healthiest, most maintainable (is that a word?) type of progress. 1-2 lbs a week is healthy, and will allow you to make the kind of lifestyle changes that will keep the weight off forever!