My Weight Loss Secret

Options
For anyone who is trying to lose but still wants to enjoy the foods they eat here is what I've done. Not sure if it works for everyone, but it did for me and my body.

Exercise: Jillian Michaels DVDs 25 minutes 3-5 times a week.
On the weekdays I'd do Jillian Michaels DVD workouts. On weekends I'd be outside being active or doing double the DVD workout time (mainly because I had the time to do it)

Diet: Salad everyday for lunch. Stayed within 80-110 carbs, 45-70g protein, stayed within 20-35 sugars. 1,200 net cals a day. Stayed at 2,000 sodium per day.

Sounds normal right? Well, here is what boosted my metabolism and helped me lose even with eating ice cream and cereal. I've been taking a green tea and cinnamon supplement twice daily!! It's like the weight is disappearing!

Green Tea benefits: Boosts metabolism, regulates glucose levels, reduces bad cholesterol, relaxing and can relieve stress.

Cinnamon benefits: Regulates/stabilizes blood sugar levels, has anti-inflammatory properties, an excellent source of manganese, dietary fiber, iron and calcium.

Anyone else take either of these???

Replies

• noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I drink green tea about 2-3 cups a day, but what type of cinnamon supplement are you taking??
  • aimeeinohio
    aimeeinohio Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Cinnamon comes in capsules. I've seen it even at Walmart.

It's good for heart health, and if you're diabetic. However I've read that you shouldn't take it for the long term.

I've thought about taking it for a few weeks to see if it does anything for me. Even if it just helps with my sugar, as I am borderline diabetic.
  • noirnatural
    noirnatural Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Okay, I have never seen them..but I have read that Cinnamon has good benefits for health and would add it to my oatmeal and coffee some times
  • tinabell153
    tinabell153 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I read about their benefits and instead of taking other pills I've never heard of before I wanted to take something familiar, natural and beneficial.

I'm not diabetic though and if I am not having a lot of sugar during the day I skip taking the second dose.