I need some help

Options
I have been here for a little over a year and have done very well as you can tell by my ticker.

But I need help getting back I have on, I have only gained a few pounds back but dont wanna get to the point where 2 turn into 5 then 5 turns into 10 and so on and so forth.

I do really good during the week and during the weekend is when I cave.

I feel like I am back at day one, If I just dont eat the bad food then I wont crave it but I have eaten so much bad choices in the last few days the next few days is gonna be hard, I used to not crave any junk food.

Hopefully, I have gotten it out out my mind and back on track...

I am doing a half marathon 13.1 miles in 34 days and I wanna lose 10 more pounds by then hopefully I can.

Replies

• sheofthesea
    sheofthesea Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Wow! You have done an amazing job! I am confident that anyone who can lose 125 pounds can certainly resist the lure of too much junk food. I'm starting to discover that while there are some foods that I can have "just a taste" of, there are a few foods that I need to keep out of reach entirely...

You can do this!
  • InTheMoney
    InTheMoney Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I have been here for a little over a year and have done very well as you can tell by my ticker.

But I need help getting back I have on, I have only gained a few pounds back but dont wanna get to the point where 2 turn into 5 then 5 turns into 10 and so on and so forth.

I do really good during the week and during the weekend is when I cave.

I feel like I am back at day one, If I just dont eat the bad food then I wont crave it but I have eaten so much bad choices in the last few days the next few days is gonna be hard, I used to not crave any junk food.

Hopefully, I have gotten it out out my mind and back on track...

I am doing a half marathon 13.1 miles in 34 days and I wanna lose 10 more pounds by then hopefully I can.

You're doing awesome! Don't give up on yourself because of a bad weekend. You don't lose it in a weekend nor will you gain it then either.
    But remember, what you're doing (the wieght loss) is a marathon, not a sprint. Don't let e bad mile or so ruin the entire process. Get your second wind and you'll do great.
    And have a great time at the real marathon as well.
  • sbacon1203
    sbacon1203 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya sister. Stopped in Jan and managed to creep up 20 lbs totally my own fault :noway: !! This is the 2nd week and I did well last week & dropped 3 lbs. I also increased my goal by 20 lbs. Here to all of us on our venture & good luck on your run. My daughter & son-in-law are running one the end of the Sept.
  • July
    July Posts: 239
    Options
    It can get harder as you get to your goal weight! Tough it out!

Make it a non-choice. Don't buy the bad stuff, always have the good stuff easily on hand. If you've got family that insist on having the bad stuff in the house, put it far away, out of reach, definitely out of sight. Try, for a week, to prepack all your meals so you know what you're eating and you don't even have to think about it. That's how I resist temptation. I can't say no, so I make it so I never get to ask the question.

If that doesn't work, you can also use delaying as a tactic. Say, I can have this, but only on Sunday night. Or, I have to choose one junk food for Sunday night. If you give in, you don't get your Sunday night treat. Sometimes, that helps me.

You can also replace the food you crave with good stuff. Sorbet has few calories than icecream, or make a fruit smoothie. Lately, I've been replacing my craving for sugar with brushing my teeth or chewing mentos gum. When I want something crunchy, I chew on ice. Instead of soda, I'm drinking seltzer and tea. I've also found a cure for my late night cravings - going to bed on time! Sleep is calorie free, and studies have shown that the more sleep you get, the better able you are to reach weight loss goals.

Be sure to take stock of your success every night. I love the "complete today's entry" button and seeing my 5 week weight on the screen of my fitness pal. You'll want more of that celebrating success feeling, and you'll be stronger when it comes time to say "no."
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for thier supports I can do this and will

I did my 5 miles run this morning now been cleaning the house from top to bottom burning some great calories yay

Well the baby is done eating I babysit my friends 8 week old baby girl so back yo cleaning!!!

Thanks again everyone!!!