been here for a few weeks, need some guidance

Options
Hi all,
I have been using MFP for a few weeks, but have yet to introduce myself.

My long term goal is to lose 80+ pounds, but since that is overwhelming I'll focus on my short-term goal: to kick-start my weight loss and lose 10 pounds. Sounds doable, right?

I decided to get into the habit of tracking/portioning my food before I started a regular exercise routine again, so I've been using MFP for a few weeks and have seen no results.

I've heard dozens of success stories for using MFP and think I must be missing some basic knowledge of how to use this website. So, I am hoping for some guidance as far a food & nutrition goes. I have a pretty good idea of what I should be eating, but sometimes, after lunch see that I've had too much protein and still have hundreds of calories to eat for the day.

Can anyone recommend groups for newbies or any other groups that will help me to be more successful?

Thanks for any advice!
Laura

Replies

• fabandfunat51
    fabandfunat51 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura,

I'm pretty new too, and am finding out that the cleaner you eat, the better you will feel and the more you will lose. Keep logging as you are, but add a LOT of veggies and fruits and (complex carbs). I weigh in on July 1, and know I've lost probably 10-15lbs this month. Look at my diary for ideas - but you CAN do this!

The other thing that has made a ton of difference is getting at least 9-12 8oz glasses of water in each day. Find a container you like to drink out of and get some lemon and drink up. I use a lot of crystal light decaf tea packets too. Helps to flavor all that water.

I'm happy for you beginning this journey - remember to eat balanced and you'll be fine!