I cheated but Im so glad I did

Options
I just started this crash diet plan on this past Sunday and I wasnt supposed to look at my wieght until at least this Sunday BUT I CHEATED this morning when I got up and stepped on the scale and saw a 2 pound loss! I was out of my mind happy and so proud of myself. I am feeling better and better everyday except for the pain from my Fibro. BUT I am not going to let that stop me.

You see I have a 15 year old son with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) He was DXed on 09-30-06
He is my hero, my angel and my son! I am so very proud of him and all that he goes through on a daily basis in order just to fight this cancer. Its been almost a year and a half of HELL for us. We are financially devidtated due to medical costs and yes we have insurance but NO it doesnt cover everything. I am unable to work due to the fact that I have Fibro and I home school my son because he is too sick to go to school. My husband works 10 hour days 5 sometimes 6 days a week to try and support our family. My Fibro is so bad that my doctor doesnt understand why I am not riding around on a scooter and or in a wheelchair. I have gained 90 pounds in the last year and Ive had it with the weight gain when I hit 250 last week I made up my mind that I am not going to take it anymore. I am gonig to loose this weight! I have far too much to live for then to be rotting away sitting in a wheelchair crying for the rest of my life.

So that is my story and Im sticking to it ! Therefore the reason I cheated was I just needed to see SOME kind of results for the pain and hard work I am doing and I did, thank God and everyone else who has supported me so far. I WILL DO THIS!

Have a great rest of the week everyone!
Peggy

Replies

• wackadoodle
    wackadoodle Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I just started this crash diet plan on this past Sunday and I wasnt supposed to look at my wieght until at least this Sunday BUT I CHEATED this morning when I got up and stepped on the scale and saw a 2 pound loss! I was out of my mind happy and so proud of myself. I am feeling better and better everyday except for the pain from my Fibro. BUT I am not going to let that stop me.

You see I have a 15 year old son with Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) He was DXed on 09-30-06
    He is my hero, my angel and my son! I am so very proud of him and all that he goes through on a daily basis in order just to fight this cancer. Its been almost a year and a half of HELL for us. We are financially devidtated due to medical costs and yes we have insurance but NO it doesnt cover everything. I am unable to work due to the fact that I have Fibro and I home school my son because he is too sick to go to school. My husband works 10 hour days 5 sometimes 6 days a week to try and support our family. My Fibro is so bad that my doctor doesnt understand why I am not riding around on a scooter and or in a wheelchair. I have gained 90 pounds in the last year and Ive had it with the weight gain when I hit 250 last week I made up my mind that I am not going to take it anymore. I am gonig to loose this weight! I have far too much to live for then to be rotting away sitting in a wheelchair crying for the rest of my life.

So that is my story and Im sticking to it ! Therefore the reason I cheated was I just needed to see SOME kind of results for the pain and hard work I am doing and I did, thank God and everyone else who has supported me so far. I WILL DO THIS!

Have a great rest of the week everyone!
    Peggy
  • hncbutterfly
    Options
    Congratulations on then weight loss!! I can't wait to get on the scale either. Good luck with everything with your son. Keep your chin up!! I will be praying for you!! :smile:
  • wackadoodle
    Options
    Congratulations on then weight loss!! I can't wait to get on the scale either. Good luck with everything with your son. Keep your chin up!! I will be praying for you!! :smile:

Thank you so very much! Prayers and support of special folks like yourself and my faith in God have gotten us this far and I know it will see me through everything!

Blessings!
    Peggy
  • its time for change
    Options
    Great job on your weight loss. I know that it must be difficult for you and I am so sorry. Prayers for you that you are enveloped in God's arm with comfort and peace.
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    Bless your heart. You are a strong person. Don't give up. My family and I will include you in our prayers.:flowerforyou:
  • Catherinex
    Options
    Hi Peggy, I am so sorry to hear about your little boy.. no mum should have to go through that.
    i'm inspired by your very positive outlook. but I would have to say that even only being on this site for one week I'm worried that you used the words "crash diet". I would hate to think you are setting yourself up for another dissappointment by starving yourself... I spent alot of time reading through the forums and asking about diets and crash dieting is definately not the way to go. It needs to be about eating healther and losing the weight slowly so that there is less of a chance you pile it all back on and more when you finish dieting. There are alot of really great people on these forums and i'm sure they will have plenty good advice to share with you. My heart goes out to you.

Cath
  • wackadoodle
    Options
    Bless your heart. You are a strong person. Don't give up. My family and I will include you in our prayers.:flowerforyou:

Thank you for your kind words. I am a strong person most of the time when it comes to other, yet I mostly lack that same willpower for myself. A normal set up for a caretaking type person but I am learning that I am important too. Thank you for the prayers and the flower!

Peace and Blessings,
    Peggy
  • wackadoodle
    Options
    Great job on your weight loss. I know that it must be difficult for you and I am so sorry. Prayers for you that you are enveloped in God's arm with comfort and peace.

Oh it is difficult alright but there are many on these boards that have it way worse off than I do and I refuse to whine about it. Besides that I am not allowed the cheese to go with the whine...lol. Thank you for your prayers they mean more than you could ever know.

Peace and Blessings,
    Peggy
  • cobra1102
    Options
    Hi!
    I am new to this site as of yesterday, I read your story and I will pray for your family.
    Good luck and keep the faith
    Kathy
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Hi Peggy, I am so sorry to hear about your little boy.. no mum should have to go through that.
    i'm inspired by your very positive outlook. but I would have to say that even only being on this site for one week I'm worried that you used the words "crash diet". I would hate to think you are setting yourself up for another dissappointment by starving yourself... I spent alot of time reading through the forums and asking about diets and crash dieting is definately not the way to go. It needs to be about eating healther and losing the weight slowly so that there is less of a chance you pile it all back on and more when you finish dieting. There are alot of really great people on these forums and i'm sure they will have plenty good advice to share with you. My heart goes out to you.

Cath

First off, congratulations on making the decision to lose that weight. It really sounds like you are dealing with so much in your life. You will get great support here on your journey.

That said, I have to agree with Cath. When I read "crash diet" as well I was concerned. Can you elaborate a little more on what you are doing to lose the weight? I know it can be satisfying to serverly cut calories off the bat and see a bunch of weight drop off but very shortly that will backfire and your body will start to store those calories instead of burning them.

As Cath said there are a lot of knowledgeable people on this site. We aren't doctors, at least not some of us :smile: , but we do have quite a bit of combined knowledge to share.

Don't hesitate to ask!

:flowerforyou:
    Jessica
  • wackadoodle
    Options

Cath

Thank you for your concerns Cath! I do understand what you are alarmed by in my stating "crash diet" in my original post. Sorry to scare anyone here by that. Its not really a crash diet so to speak, its one that I have used in the past and had great success with but to some it is VERY STRICT! Most cant stick to it for more than a day or two but I have found that it is the ONLY diet that works for me and after you body is done with its detox so to speak from all the garbage that you have been putting into it, this diet is actually pretty smart and well balanced. It helps make you eat smaller portions of the right foods and watch the calorie intake. I am also starting to MOVE some even with the pain from the Fibro I am making myself do it. I will not sit in a wheelchair weighting 250 pounds in my lifetime if I have any say over it. Right now I consider it crash because Its my first few days of it and it is hard but I HAVE to do it this way for myself believe me I have in my lifetime tried everything else and this only eating fruit, veggies and fish or chicken is the only way for me to get the weight off and detox myself from the rest of the other things. If I eat one lousey peice of bread I will just gain 5 pounds, its how ME MY body works. Im being safe and making sure I am eating belive me with Fibro and the meds I take I have to! For me right now its all about getting moving because that is the worst for me is the pain I fear it puts me to tears every single night of my life but I will cope with it in order to help get to where I no longer have so much pain because I am moving. In order to get moving I need to get this weight off. I ordered a bathing suit on EBay over the weekend and as soon as it gets here Im hitting the pool every single day! I'll hurt sure but in the end its gonna pay off. Anyway sorry for the long winded reply but I wanted you to know and understand I am ok and this is just what I have to do for me.

Thank you for caring & Sharing,
    Peggy
  • wackadoodle
    Options
    Hi!
    I am new to this site as of yesterday, I read your story and I will pray for your family.
    Good luck and keep the faith
    Kathy

AWE, thank you Kathy! Prayers and support are something everyone needs! Thank you for reading this and welcome aboard. Let me know if there is ever a time when you need support and I would love to learn more about what brings you here. Beautiful baby in that picture of yours.

Blessings,
    Peggy
  • wackadoodle
    Options

Cath

First off, congratulations on making the decision to lose that weight. It really sounds like you are dealing with so much in your life. You will get great support here on your journey.

That said, I have to agree with Cath. When I read "crash diet" as well I was concerned. Can you elaborate a little more on what you are doing to lose the weight? I know it can be satisfying to serverly cut calories off the bat and see a bunch of weight drop off but very shortly that will backfire and your body will start to store those calories instead of burning them.

As Cath said there are a lot of knowledgeable people on this site. We aren't doctors, at least not some of us :smile: , but we do have quite a bit of combined knowledge to share.

Don't hesitate to ask!

:flowerforyou:
    Jessica

Jessica,

Thank you so much for your concerns also and I feel terrible for letting people think I meant a CRASH DIET, for me that is just what I call it. Its harsh and hard to hold onto but works for me I did it with a docs supervision after gaining a lot of unwanted weight from childbirth and such. Ill ask that you read my reply to Cath for more of an understanding as to what I am doing and to not repeat myself.

Thanks for caring,
    Peggy
  • Erica92627
    Options
    your story put tears in my eyes right now. What a man, your husband is, working as hard as he does to get the family through. True love for you and your boy there :heart: .

Good luck to your weight loss goal.
  • wackadoodle
    Options
    your story put tears in my eyes right now. What a man, your husband is, working as hard as he does to get the family through. True love for you and your boy there :heart: .

Good luck to your weight loss goal.

Awe thank you so much for your well wishes! I sure do appreciate the support. Life is tough and Im about to prove that Im tougher!

Hope you are doing well on your weight loss as well!

Have a fantastic day!
    Peggy