High School Reunion

Options
My 10 year high school reunion is coming up in October. EEKKKKKK!!! I have always been a chunky kid, I would LOVE to show up in a much healthier body. Anyone else getting ready for a reunion, wedding, any special occassion?

Replies

• Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    My 25th is next month. I lost 20 pounds recently, but I have so much to lose that it's a drop in the bucket. Oh well, I can't help if people will judge me for my weight. I have a great life otherwise!
  • Iwillbethin2011
    Iwillbethin2011 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya...my 20yr class reunion is next month and i really want to be down in pounds and a little more toned!!!! i was doing so well a few months ago and for some reason stopped.. LOL now i'm sooo angry about it...BUT i'm trying to get back on track...doing ok with food and i have been walking each morning....what kind of workouts do you do?
  • OneShortBri
    OneShortBri Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I try to get to the gym 3 times a week, I do 30-45 minutes on the treadmill at at least 3 mph and on an incline. I go to Gold's where they have the machines set up so if you do one row of machines you get an upper body workout and the next row is a lower body workout. I rotate upper and lower. If I don't make it to the gym, since the weather is nice, I go for a walk at a moderate pace for 30-45 minutes, and I do some random exercises as I go around the house. I'm trying to incorporate excercises into my work day, like doing squats while I'm waiting for patients to come to the med room.
  • cbbarge
    cbbarge Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    My 30 year reunion was last September, I'm down 77 pounds since then. I really wish I had a reunion do-over.
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hey do the best you can. Be happy with who you are when you go there. I know there will be people heavier than you. Look as good as you can, but be YOU! and be happy and pleasant to everyone!!

Good luck!!!

Basil
  • jenbridges
    jenbridges Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My 20 year is next month, and that is a lot of what got me motivated to lose weight! When I was in high school, i could eat anything I wanted and graduated at 105 lbs! I don't want to go to the reunion and have people wondering how I went from the skinny girl to the fat girl!
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    No special event but would just like to get fit and healthy before I hit 60.

To all you youngsters out there you are doing the right thing to start now, it is much harder as you get older.

Good luck to you all.
  • blizzardsmom
    blizzardsmom Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Don't be so hard on yourself! I bet there will be many there that wish they could change something ... weight, job, education, etc. Go have fun and be proud of the person you have become. Life is too short ... enjoy every moment!
  • nmf062174
    nmf062174 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    My 20th (class reunion) is in September.
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    My best friend is getting married next year and I want to be a beautiful Maid of Honor and at some point down the line I will be getting married and I want to be a stunning bride!
  • soontobesam
    soontobesam Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I'm infamous for killing threads.

Sheesh :tongue:
  • OneShortBri
    OneShortBri Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Also, I am hoping to participate in Spartan Race in March. I am farrrrrrr from being any where near fit enough to even attempt it right now. So that's double motivation!
  • ccguillory
    ccguillory Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I wanted to lose weight before my reunion, as I got closer to the date I realized I didn't want to lose weight for them, but for me and to be healthy for my family.

So I went at close to my highest weight and I had a great time. Yes there are pics but you know what. It showed me that I was respected. And with all that pressure off I had a great time because I didn't care what anyone thought.

I was also suffering gallbladder disease unbeknownest to me at the time.

However I wish all of you all good luck with your health and just hope you find your happy place and have a great time. :)

I have :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My 20th was 2 years ago. I was at my highest weight ever. Still had a great time. And chatting with a former classmate who was as totally non-althetic as I was way back then, who's now an Iron Girl triathlete, was one more nudge that got me here!