Starting Supreme 90 On Thursday!

Options
Matiara
Matiara Posts: 377 Member
I bought Supreme 90 yesterday and will start on Thursday. I had a month of Turbo Fire left, but I decided to move on. I like Turbo Fire, but I'm tired of doing 5-6 days a week fo cardio. And after six months, I'm a little tired of Chalene. :)

When I was doing my own thing and not following a program, I was doing cardio three days a week and resistance six days a week, alternating between upper and lower body. That really worked for me and I picked Supreme 90 because it's close to that formula.

I won't be following the meal plan. It's quite monotonous and I don't believe that sugar is the devil and needs to be cut out completely. I can't imagine eating as much eggs, tuna, and chicken as they recommend. I like all of those things, but if I had to eat them at the frequency the meal plan dictates, it would become repulsive very quickly. I need variety.

With that said, I will try to follow the skeleton of the meal plan. I concede that I don't eat enough vegetables or get enough protein, but I've had trouble figuring out how to incorporate more. So I'm going to closely follow the recommended macros of the meal plan while using my own food choices.

I looked at about half of the DVDs yesterday and I'm really excited to start. I like it when a workout looks like it will make me cry.

Replies

• Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Yay! I am excited to hear someone else is doing this workout! I have been doing it for about 1.5 weeks and am enjoying it so far. I was really looking for targeted muscle work and this has been great. I do feel like other than cardio days the workout feels a little short so I usually go for a little jog first but have stuck with it and have felt the sore muscles so I am very happy with it. It is up to you to add weight to keep it difficult otherwise it would be kind of wasteful I think. I need to buy some heavier weights when I can find some used ones.

I don't do the meal plan either- I am vegetarian so it doesn't fit but I just stick to a healthy diet. Good luck! I would enjoy chatting with you as you get going!
  • Matiara
    Options
    The length, or lack thereof, of the workouts was one of the selling points for me. With Turbo Fire, I've been doing an hour or more per workout day for the past couple of months. I just don't have that kind of time to spare. Once I get over my TF burnout,I may look at adding a short session of cardio here or there if I find the scheduled cardio not to be enough.

I'm not going to bother purchasing the extra ab video. There's plenty of core work in all of the workouts already.

What weights did you start with? I'm thinking of starting with 5, 8, and 10 and moving up from there. I was going to go heavier, but after looking at the workouts, that may have been hope over ability talking. I want to challenge myself, but I don't want to be foolish and injure myself.
  • LeeBee2012
    LeeBee2012 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Matiara
    Options
    So, I got started yesterday. I took my measurements and was shocked. The last time I measured myself was on February 1st. I have done Turbo Fire faithfully since then. My clothes fit better and I thought I had lost some inches. Uh, no. I've gone up an inch or two at every measurement point. How am I bigger, but have looser clothes? Anyway, my starting measurements are:

Chest: 39 Goal: 36
    Bust: 42 Goal: 39
    Waist: 33 *weeps* Goal: 26-28
    Hips: 42 *weeps some more* Goal: 35-36
    Right Thigh: 21 Goal: 20
    Left Thigh: 22 Goal: 21 (My left thigh has always been bigger than my right)

I didn't weigh myself because I didn't want to blow a gasket, but I will tomorrow morning. I'm just glad that I'm very tall and still look slim despite my measurements.

The first workout was Chest & Back. I had 5, 8, and 10 pound weights and I used 8-10 pounds for most of the exercises. I only used the 5s on a couple of exercises where the instructor specifically called for very light weights. I think those weights are the range that I needed to start with because my muscles failed at several points. The last exercise was a push up/dumbell row combo. I literally could not do one more pushup at that point, so I just did the rows.

I am sore today. Not so sore that I can't move, but my upper body muscles are making their presence known, especially my chest and triceps. The next time I do the workout, I'm going to try 12 on the back exercises because while my shoulder blades are a little sore, I should be feeling my upper back more from the exercises that I did.

I'm really going to have to get used to having to count for myself and keeping track of the circuit. I'm used to cueing and everyone doing the same reps at the same pace in videos. I found myself trying to keep up with the faster people and that's just not realistic at this stage.
  • corinne1977
    corinne1977 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    This is so awesome, I just finished DVD #5 last night so I'm very excited to know that other people are doing Supreme 90 Day as well. I don't follow the diet plan either but I do keep a long of my calories intake each day. I also try to run at least 2 miles a day which I think will help. My goal is to lose about 10-15 lbs. So far the Ultimate Ball is the hardest one I've done but they all kick my butt. :bigsmile:
  • Matiara
    Options
    I have some catching up to do.

Day 2 was Ultimate Ball. Ugh. It was a challenging workout, but very frustrating for me. I'm nearly six feet tall and I work out in my tiny bedroom, so some of the exercises were an irritation. For example, on ball planks, unless I started against the very back wall of my room, by the time I rolled into the correct position, I was past the view of the television and almost out the door. In fact, I spent a lot of the workout just trying to get the stinking ball in the right position while keeping the right form. It was the first time that I used an exercise ball EVER, so maybe it will change as I get more experience. Until then, it's an annoyance that I don't look forward to doing again.

That aside, as I said, the workout was challenging. I couldn't do one pike, but attempting to killed my abs. Doing pikes is a goal to reach for.
  • Matiara
    Options
    Day 3: Tabata Inferno

My. Freaking. Goodness. It almost killed me.

I have been doing Turbo Fire for months, including a lot of HIIT and this workout kicked my butt. I made it through most of the circuits and am proud that I only stopped to rest once, but I didn't think I would make it. I likely wouldn't have been able to get through it without all the TF that I've done.

A workout has never made me throw up, but I did get nauseated in the middle of Tabata Inferno and that's where I took the break. I see no honor in puke. :)

I am simultaneously looking forward to and dreading the next session.
  • Healthymom207
    Healthymom207 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    The only thing I don't like about Supreme 90 is how fast they go with the weight lifting. To get maximum benefits weights should be lifted slower and you should maintain good form to prevent injuries.....in this workout program they swing the dang weights around and look like they are competing to see who can finish faster.....this is a major no-no in my book. It is a hard program to do and I think it's a good one, I like the work with the bi's and tri's. I think you could get better results if it was slowed down a knotch.
  • Matiara
    Options
    Day 3 was actually a rest day and day 4 was Tabata Inferno, so on to Day 5 , which was Shoulders/Arms. It was pretty standard. Nothing really stood out about this workout other than it was challenging as all of them have been.

Day 6 was Cardio Challenge. Not nearly as bad as Tabata Inferno, but not easy either. I like how he alternates between using weights/no weights for each circuit.

Day 7, which was yesterday, was Legs. I definitely feel them today.

I bought a Reebok adjustable weight that goes up to 12.5 pounds per dumbbell. That's sufficient for now.

Also, I like the workouts where you do what you can do in an allotted time period better than the ones where I have to count reps myself. I've already gotten a bit used to the counting reps workouts, but I prefer to cut off my brain and just concentrate on the exercise rather than counting.
  • Matiara
    Options
    The only thing I don't like about Supreme 90 is how fast they go with the weight lifting. To get maximum benefits weights should be lifted slower and you should maintain good form to prevent injuries.....in this workout program they swing the dang weights around and look like they are competing to see who can finish faster.....this is a major no-no in my book. It is a hard program to do and I think it's a good one, I like the work with the bi's and tri's. I think you could get better results if it was slowed down a knotch.

Most of them do go super fast, especially that dang Sally. It's like she has somewher to be and wants to get away as fast as possible.

I do go slowly, even if I have to pause or rewind because they finished ahead of me. It's not a contest and I'm not going to sacrifice my form for speed.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I just saw Supreme 90 at my local Ollie's store for $7.99, I thought about picking it up...good luck!
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    I picked this up from Big Lots over the weekend and started Monday. Felt the chest/back workout for 2 days and the ultimate ball is definitely challenging! Have yet to do today's workout of Tabata Inferno....sounds like I should prepare for a butt whupping!
  • Matiara
    Options
    Day 8: Chest & Back

The second time through was better. I've gotten used to the rhythm and style of the workouts.

There's a couple of ball exercises during the workout, but I did the alternatives without the ball that the instructor provided. I don't care what the box says, I don't trust the ball to hold my full weight without popping. I'm fine with exercises where I just have to prop my feet on the ball and even sitting on it, but when there's and exercise where it has to bear the full weight of my torso as I do a weighted exercises, I just give it a pass.

The last exercise is a pushup/row combo. On day 1, I couldn't do any pushups and only did the rows. Yesterday, I was able to do two pushup/row combos before switching to all rows for the remainder. That's two more than I could do last week and I'm proud of myself.

In other news, I have the new workout weight gain/bloat. My jeans are very tight this week. I know it's water and it's temporary, but it's still uncomfortable.

Today is Ultimate Ball: Round 2. Oh, joy. I have no beef with the workout itself, just the ball.
  • saverys_gal
    Options
    I'm with you Matiara! I hate that ball...I'm comfortable using it for a lot of the moves but some of them I'm just so worried the ball will pop! Other I just have a hard time controlling the ball-like the planks! Plus my legs tend to stick to the ball.

I just did shoulders/arms today and I'm shaking like a leaf! Tabata Inferno was yesterday...wow! Never done anything that crazy. Tomorrow is the cardio challenge and I'm really hoping it's not as crazy as the Tabata!!
  • Matiara
    Options
    I almost forgot. I weighed myself on Sunday morning, but I was super sore from the first two workouts and bloated, so I don't take the scale at it's word. It said 185, but I know had I really gained that much weight in a few months, my clothes would not be fitting. I know some of that is water gain from the soreness, so I'm no going to worry about it.

My goal weight is in the mid 150s range. A few years ago when I had my "ideal" body, I weighed 152. I know that measurements are more important than weight and if I can reach my goal measurements and stay the same weight, I would be fine with that, but I know from experience where my body settles when I work out consistently and I will lose weight when the excess fat goes bye bye.

I'm going to be honest. It's probably sacriligeous to say this on this board, but my goals are mainly aesthetic. I am tall and long limbed and I want to get rid of my belly and some of my butt so that I'm proportional again. I have an hourglass figure no matter what I weigh, but at my current weight, I have a typical apple belly and big butt on top of long slim legs. It sucks to be otherwise thin and have a basketball booty and pot belly. I can camoflauge it with clothes, but I have to look at it when I'm undressed and it bugs me. I want my flat stomach and proportional butt back . I want to be a firm, not skinny fat, size 6.

Yes, I want the health benefits of exercise. Diabetes and hypertension run in my family. Even if I never lost a pound, I would continue to workout just to avoid that. But my perfect blood pressure numbers aren't nearly as exciting as being able to zip up my favorite skirt will be. :)
  • LeeBee2012
    LeeBee2012 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I am not really following the plan according to the calendar. I mainly just do the abs and upper body videos. The only ones I don't do is tabata inferno an d lets. I will do the total body and cardio challenge though. I did make up my own little calendar that I am following. I love the back moves because I really want to get rid of that back fat that hangs over in my sports bras or tank tops and I think those moves will definitely help me. I did the ultimate ball today, I was able to do it better than I was last week, but it is still tough. It is good to see that other people are struggling like me and some are even excelling in some of these grueling workouts. It is motivational. I may not always reply, but I do try to read about how everyone is doing.
    Keep up the good work.
    Lee
  • Matiara
    Options
    Day 9 was my second foray with Ultimate Ball. It went better than the first attempt as far as my coordination. I found that if I roll the ball out diagonally instead of straight ahead, I stay in my room and I can still see the TV. I'd like to add that my room is average sized, however I'm tall and have a lot of stuff, which is what is limiting my floor space. I likely roll about 12-13 feet just to get into the proper position on exercises requiring a plank position with my feet on the ball. I must have been doing it right because I felt it in my core for a few days. I will do a happy dance if I can do just one pike. I got up higher than I did the first time, but it was more of a molehill than a pike.

Also, I think I may need a better quality ball. No matter how much air I put in the ball, it really gives when I lean on it and the balls they are using on the videos do not. I know that I don't weigh more than the men on the videos, so it has to be the ball. It also leaks air like crazy. As I said, I don't trust the thing.

Day 10 was a rest day, but day 11 was Tabata Inferno again. To make matters worse, it was near 90 where I live and I don't have AC. I live in the Seattle area and summer just made it's appearance last week, so the heat is new. I had on two fans which pretty much just blew hot air at me, but I got through it with a few short breaks and a lot of water. I pushed myself, but I did not overdo it in the heat.

Day 12 (yesterday) was Shoulder & Arms. I hate the 30 tricep sequence. I only made it through one full set of those. I did manage to do a few tricep pushups, which made me exceedingly proud since I couldn't do one last week.
  • Matiara
    Options
    Physically, I'm starting to see changes already. I have more definition in my arms and thighs, and I'm talking non flex definition. I don't know how significant that is though, because my body has always responded readily to exercise. My problem is staying consistent once I reach my goal.

In the gross out department, I've noticed that my midsection fat is getting kind of squishy and liquidy. I hope that means it's breaking up. And my back fat is drooping, which I think means my obliques are tightening.
  • Matiara
    Options
    I'm with you Matiara! I hate that ball...I'm comfortable using it for a lot of the moves but some of them I'm just so worried the ball will pop! Other I just have a hard time controlling the ball-like the planks! Plus my legs tend to stick to the ball.

I just did shoulders/arms today and I'm shaking like a leaf! Tabata Inferno was yesterday...wow! Never done anything that crazy. Tomorrow is the cardio challenge and I'm really hoping it's not as crazy as the Tabata!!

Today is a Cardio Challenge day for me. It's not as crazy as Tabata, but it's definitely not easy. I thought I would feel like I wasn't getting enough cardio, but between Cardio Challenge and Tabata, I'm not tempted to add anything else right now. :)
  • saverys_gal
    Options
    I felt like I was going to die during Tabata and Cardio Challenge...they definitely test you. Today was my second go round on Ultimate Ball-I definitely did better. The pikes and one legged planks are my undoing. I think it's a combo of my core not being very strong and my ball being junk. It's supposed to be an average 65cm ball but my hubby and I just measured it and it's more like 60 plus it's very flimsy. Mine goes halfway down when I put my weight on it, plus it rolls all over the place. I've been checking some out online and it looks like the higher quality ones actually have some sand in them to keep them from moving too much. I'll be looking into buying a new one later this week.