Is caring about a complete strangers wellness wrong?!

I don't think so!! I say; if more people turned off their tunnel "what about me" vision, the world would be a better place!! =)

I have to tell you; I stopped at a stop light this morning and saw that the car next to me had a bad leak of some sort. I tried to flag down the man in the car. Instead of rolling down his window and asking what I wanted, he simply flicked me off and sped away. GEEZ!!

I know our society is getting worse and worse. People wait for their turn to talk instead of actually listening. People relate every story you have to something that happened to them and feel the need to tell you all about their experience instead of listening to yours. People look at an overweight person and think "glad it's not me" or "God, I hope I never look like that". It's so very sad to me!!

Am I wrong for actually caring about other people?! Even if they are a complete stranger to me?!

Replies

• SSmandyc
    SSmandyc Posts: 1
    I think its a great thing to go out of your way to help someone out, eventually the favors will be returned as well and maybe you'll even encourage others to be helpful in return. We're all here together, so why not work together. :)
  • Wow, well said... you are absolutely right. I never actually thought about it, but I admit I am guilty of relating my stories to someone else and then feeling the need to blurt it out instead of fully taking in what they are saying instead... I am definitely going to have to work on that. I am sorry for your rough morning, hope you enjoy the rest of your day though. :)
  • amandab1669
    amandab1669 Posts: 86 Member
    Not at all that is what this world needs more of. Don't take it personal though it's their loss.
  • JoeD1968
    JoeD1968 Posts: 167
    He probably thought you were a zombie about to eat his face off. He did the right thing 8)
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Nope! My new motto, be Interested not Interesting!! I want to help and encourage others in all areas of life, if I can :)
  • NGM7492
    NGM7492 Posts: 35 Member
    Its not wrong in the slightest to care about someone else's well being. That dude you tried to help is too self centered to need anyones help and its his loss. I help any time I can and it always comes back around to me somehow.
  • Nope! My new motto, be Interested not Interesting!! I want to help and encourage others in all areas of life, if I can :)

That is an awesome motto!!! =)
  • ramgi
    ramgi Posts: 196 Member
    You're not wrong at all. I think it's nice to be nice. I wish more people were like you. Too bad we can't choose how people react to our kindness. Keep being the wonderful person that you are!
  • mitchipooo
    mitchipooo Posts: 85 Member
    That's what's missing in society today, most people are too caught up in themselves to care about anybody else. If we all took even the slightest interest in other people the world would be a much better place. It can be as simple as a smile or saying good morning to someone on the street, doesn't have to cost any money or any great amount of effort.
  • Some times its scary to talk to strangers! This is not the exact same thing but, did you see where that bus driver accidently took off a cars side view mirror. Well when he got out of the bus the driver of the other car hit him and knocked him to the pavement and his head hit so hard that he never woke back up. His family had to take him off life support. The man just drove away..but was later picked up, it was caught on camera. Thats what I mean you never know what someones going to do.
  • Some times its scary to talk to strangers! This is not the exact same thing but, did you see where that bus driver accidently took off a cars side view mirror. Well when he got out of the bus the driver of the other car hit him and knocked him to the pavement and his head hit so hard that he never woke back up. His family had to take him off life support. The man just drove away..but was later picked up, it was caught on camera. Thats what I mean you never know what someones going to do.

It is so sad that there are people like this out there; that KILL or even react aggressively because of the most minor things. It's these kind of people who ruin random acts of kindness for everyone else!! =(
  • You're not wrong at all. I think it's nice to be nice. I wish more people were like you. Too bad we can't choose how people react to our kindness. Keep being the wonderful person that you are!

Thanks! I know I can't change the world but at least I can make the world around me a better place! =)
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    I hate hate hate when you walk by someone and say hello, they just completely ignore you.

Its 10x worse when its co workers who you see daily!