Anyone knows how to get rid of stubborn belly fat?

Options
I've lost 50+ but my belly fat still there............help!:

Replies

• mrykyldy2
    mrykyldy2 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    you can't target any one area for fat. It just comes off when it wants to. Keep going and you will notice a difference.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I have heard that abs is 90% diet but I would say cardio is better than doing a million crunches... IMO...
  • BigRich822
    BigRich822 Posts: 681
    Options
    Its all about diet. You have lost a lot of weight and congratulations on doing that. You still need to lose more if you have belly fat. It is one of the last spots to go. I would also recommend exercising your abs 3 days a week to help develop them more. But the only way is to diet diet diet. Sorry wish there was an easier way.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    a lot of it is genetic and depends on how you store your fat.

for instance i've only lost 30 of the 80 pounds i have to lose and i've already lost most of what i wanted to lose in my midsection. my thighs however...:laugh:
  • myfitnessnmhoy
    myfitnessnmhoy Posts: 2,105 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I have decent arms and the legs of a Greek God, but I still have a keg covering what I dearly hope is a 6-pack under there.

You cannot spot-reduce or lose weight in specific spots. The body will hold the fat where it pleases. Sorry. I feel your pain. I really, honestly do. You have to get your overall body fat percentage down, and when you hit that magic number your body will let go of the belly fat. If you're like me, it will be absolutely last. I've got maybe 15-20 extra pounds on me, and my belly and love handles are the only place it shows.

You CAN focus lots of exercise on the core (planks, crunches, squats, etc) so that, when the fat finally goes away, there will be some muscle tone under there that gets revealed. A strong and healthy core is also the key to preventing injury in a lot of other forms of exercise, so don't neglect the core - even if the results are invisible for now.
  • loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    One of the trainers at my gym has said "Good abs are made in the kitchen, not in the gym."

I've managed to get to my ideal weight and a size 4 and I still battle muffin top. :sad: