Newbie reporting for duty!

Options
Hello all! I am so excited to join the site and your lives. I do admit to having some nervousness since this is the umpteenth start I have had on assorted weight and lifestyle changes (as I'm sure many of you can relate) but to paraphrase Ross on Friends- "It only has to work once." So here's to a new beginning!

Replies

• ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I am so excited to join the site and your lives. I do admit to having some nervousness since this is the umpteenth start I have had on assorted weight and lifestyle changes (as I'm sure many of you can relate) but to paraphrase Ross on Friends- "It only has to work once." So here's to a new beginning!
    Welcome aboard ...dont be nervous .. this site is great , people are great on here and if you log all your food in and excercise you will lose weight .... GOOD LUCK ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY and KNOW THAT YOU CAN DO THIS ...we are behind you all the step of the way :heart: Megan
  • Saudimom
    Saudimom Posts: 136
    Options
    Welcome and Best of Luck you will love it!!!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Great attitude! :drinker:

Welcome and good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Hi! You've come to the right place.

This is easy - here's all ya' gotta do:

Cook smart, lotsa good filling stuff. Some fruits, lotsa veggies, some grains-cereals, some starchy stuff, some lean meat. Almost nothing fried (and certainly nothing batter dipped & fried ), and very very little pastry/cakey stuff.

Count your calories accurately with the food guide here, and stay as close to your calorie allowance as you reasonably can. If you cook properly you shouldn't be too uncomfortable on the calorie allowance MFP will give you.

Get a little exercise if you can. Even if you just walk for a good 20+ minutes once a day, that's a huge help.

And drink your water!

That's it, piece o' cake. Wife and I have been doing it for about 8 months now. I'm down about 60, she's down 45 and we're doing great. You can do it too.
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    That's right!!! Welcome and listen to Casper!

He's our favorite Smart Guy!!! :love: :laugh:

Good luck Girl! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: