6'0 238

Options
Hey guys Im 6' tall and currently 238lbs i lost 65 lbs in the past 8 months, when i first started MFP i was allowed almost 2500 calories a day, now its telling me im only allowed 1890. can this be correct? my goal weight is set to 200lbs, during the day i feel like m barely eating enough to survive!

Replies

• fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Hey guys Im 6' tall and currently 238lbs i lost 65 lbs in the past 8 months, when i first started MFP i was allowed almost 2500 calories a day, now its telling me im only allowed 1890. can this be correct? my goal weight is set to 200lbs, during the day i feel like m barely eating enough to survive!

Sounds about right. As you lose weight your caloric intake needs drop.

Also is that before you eat back your exercise calories?
  • runfatmanrun
    runfatmanrun Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Probably. That's how it works when you lose weight. You don't need as much to "live" on. You must be trying to lose about 2 pounds a week.
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Yes it is right because as you lose weight your caloric intake drops in comparison to your weight and BMI. To maintain the weight you are at will require you to take in the allotted calories and with your weight dropping so will your intake of calories.
  • jamaljohar
    jamaljohar Posts: 55
    Options

Sounds about right. As you lose weight your caloric intake needs drop.

Also is that before you eat back your exercise calories?

without my exercise calories, which i never log my exercise, i figure whats the point of exercising if your gonna eat them back!?
  • JayByrd107
    JayByrd107 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    You eat them back because your calorie restriction is what causes you to lose weight. Exercising makes you healthy and fit. Exercise can help you reach a deeper calorie deficit, but it's not really the way MFP was designed.