Want to lose 50-70 lbs? Lets make a team!

Options

Replies

• skinnynerd
    skinnynerd Posts: 110
    Options
    I would love to join. I'm 36 years old with one child. I started 39 days ago weighing 224. I'm now down to 212. Hooray! I like to add supportive people. I will delete if you make snarky comments to me or anyone else.
  • DrPooh
    DrPooh Posts: 21
    Options
    I really want to make this group personal... so lets start by sharing our names, so we can get to know each other, yes?

Im easy.. My name is Iyonna :) Its all in the nick. Quote me, add your name, and I can make a roster (for those who havent already shared their names).

I am Christina.
  • skinnynerd
    skinnynerd Posts: 110
    Options
    By the way, My name is Dusty. I just want to be a skinnynerd instead of a fat one.
  • HeyKatelon
    HeyKatelon Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm in.

I'm 21, and realllly need motivation to keep things up. My friends, family, and roommates are either super healthy (and intimidating D:) or just not interested in weight loss/health.

5'7 and maybe 194ish? I'm down from around 210.

Goal is 145-150. I really just want to be healthy, and proud of myself and my body

ETA: I'm Kate
  • kimimila86
    kimimila86 Posts: 424
    Options
    Please add me!

SW: 219
    CW: 195
    GW: 135

I have 60 lbs left to go and would love the support. I also want to put in a shameless plug for a group I joined that has kept me super motivated with friendly competition. It's called the Holiday Loser's group where we set goals to reach between significant holidays and we check in weekly!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/5168-holiday-losers-
  • IyonnaF
    IyonnaF Posts: 101
    Options
    Shameless plug is shameless! lol.. I think thats actually a pretty cool concept for a group.. Afterall, holidays are *kitten* kickers, when it comes to dieting. lol
  • amanda3588
    amanda3588 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm Amanda, 24, with 75lbs left to shed. I thrive with competition, especially with people that have the same amount to lose. I'm looking more for motivation, recipe ideas, and weekly check ins to keep me focused.

My overall goals are:

SW: 250
    GW: 150
    CW (June 26) 225

Goals:
    July 15 - 215
    September 1 - 200 (this will be where I was at when I dropped all my weight two years ago. I never got over the 200lb plateau)
    October 31 - 185
    December 31- 175
    March 5 - 160 (my birthday)
    April 15 - 150 (GW at one year anniversary of starting my weight loss)
  • IyonnaF
    Options
    Anyone have any ideas for a group name..? lol
  • glamsam8
    glamsam8 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I would like to join, I'm a youngin, just starting college in the fall. I'm at about 200, and want to get down to 130, because thats in my healthy weight range, and then I'll see how I feel from there. My first goal is to be down to 160/170ish by October ^^ So yup, oh I'm about 5'2, 5'3ish ^^ yup, so I'm vertically challenged whooot! I honestly just would like some more support here ^^
  • IyonnaF
    Options
    I'm Amanda, 24, with 75lbs left to shed. I thrive with competition, especially with people that have the same amount to lose. I'm looking more for motivation, recipe ideas, and weekly check ins to keep me focused.

My overall goals are:

SW: 250
    GW: 150
    CW (June 26) 225

Goals:
    July 15 - 215
    September 1 - 200 (this will be where I was at when I dropped all my weight two years ago. I never got over the 200lb plateau)
    October 31 - 185
    December 31- 175
    March 5 - 160 (my birthday)
    April 15 - 150 (GW at one year anniversary of starting my weight loss)

Yeah... i got all the way down to 207.. When i look back at that I am full of regret. I never want to feel that way again >-<!!
  • IyonnaF
    Options
    Short people are cute!

LOL jk ;)
  • gwenmf
    gwenmf Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    bump -
  • IyonnaF
    Options
    So.. I got to 5 friend request and MFP gave me this:

You cannot make more than 5 friend requests every 10 minutes.

Please add me TT-TT
  • MzTammy47
    MzTammy47 Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm in I need to loose 50-70 lbs, I am an emotional eater one reason is because once I left the states and moved to Hawaii, I lost contact with all my friends, we didn't have FB or MFP. I became a Foster Parent for 11 years and adopted 4 girls, no appreciation. I have one son biological and he is THE BEST. He makes up for non-appreciative kids. If I had to do it all over again, I don't think I would do it meaning adopt.
    They were one of my emotions that drew me to eat well as having @#$% - @# relationships which I'm sure we all can relate. Now I'm 46 on blood pressure medicine and my feet hurt like hell. I don't have any family meaning no siblings, my Dad passed away a year ago and my mother and I have nothing in common.
    I could go on and on that gives me a reason to eat. I have always been and extravert and introvert person, since I have always done allot with my son who was the baby out of the bunch. I don't have any body to do nothing with. Yes I know you probably saying where are your Husband. He had back surgery so he is also limit. Don't let the age fool you.
    I enjoy do old and new things, I would enjoy it more with a group of people and having FUN and being HAPPY..:happy:
  • IyonnaF
    Options
    By the way, My name is Dusty. I just want to be a skinnynerd instead of a fat one.

Nerds unite! *fist bump* :tongue:
  • IyonnaF
    Options
    I'm in I need to loose 50-70 lbs, I am an emotional eater one reason is because once I left the states and moved to Hawaii, I lost contact with all my friends, we didn't have FB or MFP. I became a Foster Parent for 11 years and adopted 4 girls, no appreciation. I have one son biological and he is THE BEST. He makes up for non-appreciative kids. If I had to do it all over again, I don't think I would do it meaning adopt.
    They were one of my emotions that drew me to eat well as having @#$% - @# relationships which I'm sure we all can relate. Now I'm 46 on blood pressure medicine and my feet hurt like hell. I don't have any family meaning no siblings, my Dad passed away a year ago and my mother and I have nothing in common.
    I could go on and on that gives me a reason to eat. I have always been and extravert and introvert person, since I have always done allot with my son who was the baby out of the bunch. I don't have any body to do nothing with. Yes I know you probably saying where are your Husband. He had back surgery so he is also limit. Don't let the age fool you.
    I enjoy do old and new things, I would enjoy it more with a group of people and having FUN and being HAPPY..:happy:

I also struggle with emotional eating.. the first thing I want to do when im distressed is binge. Lets work on it together, ne?

Welcome :)
  • IyonnaF
    Options
    How about team NOT LOST IN the SAUCE. Or something equally displeasing, lol. I have no idea.
  • Jkc9059
    Jkc9059 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I am 42 mom of 3 and just this month added a daughter-in-law. I am 5'2 and was at 245 in January. Started losing weight on my got down almost 30 pounds. Found a unique gym which I love...never thought that would come out of my mouth. I joined MFP earlier this month. I would like to lose another 70-90 pounds. For some reason things seem different to me this time. I have a bad habit of quitting after a month or so with little progress. I have not quit and am excited to keep going. I work full time as a nurse and am also a college student. I will graduate in December with my BSN. I hope to be down another 30 pounds when I walk the stage. ( Yes I plan on walking and celebrating, did not do this last degree.) I still have 2 kids at home that are teenage girls and I want them to develop healthy habits and not have to struggle with weight the way I have.

I have a lot of motivation from my dad who is a 20 year stage 4 cancer survivor and recently ended up with a feeding tube for the rest of his life..he is only61. We almost lost him in November. He did not give up. He had a talk with me and told me that I am beautiful but that my weight worries him as it may affect my health. He told me if he could do this, (holding up his feeding tube) I could get healthy. That is when things started to make sense and click for me.

I hope you will add me to your group. My name is Kim.
  • kimimila86
    kimimila86 Posts: 424
    Options
    Anyone have any ideas for a group name..? lol

I'm so uncreative! "50-70 lbs to ____ <insert adjective>"? I don't know! haha
  • IyonnaF
    Options
    LOL. Closer to being cool then what I had, which is nothing. xD